Dubarry Boots

Dubarry boots- Love them or hate them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bumblelion

Visit site
They're everywhere you go! I'v been tempted over the past few years to get some as they're really nice but it's the fact, most people wear them and I'd feel a clone! What do you think?

dessmont

Visit site
I waited YEARS for mine but finally got some for Christmas - went for the new black colour and I've not anybody else in them (yet!!) I'm sure I'll see plenty at various horse trials over the summer!!

They are lovely though, wish I'd got them years ago! Get commented on them at work and out

mrussell

Visit site
Great boots but dreadful customer service. I returned a pair for repair on 8th December. After chasing and chasing and leaving messages (that were never returned) they finally came back on 15th February. The repair was neeed because the sole had come off. The "experts" at Dubarry had just squeezed a load of glue into the split and then posted them back in an old box with all the original box, wrappers and paperwork lost.

I phoned to complain again and was told to send them back for a replacement pair. Rather than post them back again, I arranged to take them to Belton at the weekend and they were taken from me and thrown in a pile. The pl*nker on the stand said the replacement "wont be coming from HIS stock" and told me to ring the office on Monday.

This I did but was told that they have no record of agreeing to replace the boots and would have to speak to Ireland about it. I am still waiting for a reply.

Dreadful. For a company that turns over 1000's of pairs they could atleast return a call !

bumblelion

Visit site
Great boots but dreadful customer service. I returned a pair for repair on 8th December. After chasing and chasing and leaving messages (that were never returned) they finally came back on 15th February. The repair was neeed because the sole had come off. The "experts" at Dubarry had just squeezed a load of glue into the split and then posted them back in an old box with all the original box, wrappers and paperwork lost.

I phoned to complain again and was told to send them back for a replacement pair. Rather than post them back again, I arranged to take them to Belton at the weekend and they were taken from me and thrown in a pile. The pl*nker on the stand said the replacement "wont be coming from HIS stock" and told me to ring the office on Monday.

This I did but was told that they have no record of agreeing to replace the boots and would have to speak to Ireland about it. I am still waiting for a reply.

Dreadful. For a company that turns over 1000's of pairs they could atleast return a call !

That is pretty bad! The amount of money they must make! I'm pleased I didn't buy a pair from him like I planned to at Belton then! Will go elsewhere!

Polotash

Visit site
I'm on my fourth pair in 4 years . I don't work with horses, so they're worn for 2 hours a day max... each pair has lasted about year, every time they start leaking where the boot joins the sole. The first pair the sole came off altogether after 18 months, Dubarry would not replace (very rude on phone) and I vowed not to have another pair. My dad then bought me another pair, and as this pair went within the year, I had them replaced (at the shop i bought them at), ditto when that (3rd!) pair did the same. The current (4th pair) have just started to leak on the right foot, they're about 15 months old, so won't be replaced by Dubarry.

Interestingly the shop said you are supposed to send them back to Dubarry, who then assess if they are repair or replace jobbies, and advise the shop.. BUT the shop told me they just give out replacements because Dubarry are so disorganised they never advise once a pair has been sent back to them.

My Mum has Dublin versions (£90, same look), and they've been going strong for nearly 3 years...

All in all I think poor quality boots and after sales service, despite their lovely image. Dubarry even told me on the phone that horse wee rots the glue and that's why they leak... umm, well sort it out then!

PennyJ

Visit site
Well the bit about horse wee rotting the glue is absolutely true, I have had to have my RM williams boots repaired when the sole separated because I'd stupidly mucked out in them quite a few times instead of changing into wellies when I got to the yard. Difference is those can be repaired better, because they have leather soles.

I actually think Dubarrys are a bit "common" now, they are victims of their own successful marketing campaign. I'm on my 3rd or 4th pair now, I've just swapped them for my 16 yo daughters Ariats, she is a very happy bunny. Still lovely boots, but I am not minded to spend nearly £300 just so I can look just like everyone else...

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I love my Dubarry's. They get rinsed off after everytime I've worn them, just like the instructions advise to, they get cleaned with the proper stuff once a week and conditioned every now and again - if they break, I'll cry! :D

mrussell

Visit site
Dubarry have just rung me to advise that they are posting me a new replacement pair in the next day or so. Its only taken 5 months I suppose.... but it will save me making a personal plea NOT to buy to each and every potential customer at Badminton Horse Trials. ;)

BBH

Visit site
Dubarry have just rung me to advise that they are posting me a new replacement pair in the next day or so. Its only taken 5 months I suppose.... but it will save me making a personal plea NOT to buy to each and every potential customer at Badminton Horse Trials. ;)

LOL what a co-incidence.

I wonder if they've just read this thread :D

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
That is shocking customer service!!!!

I have voted hate them as they are common as muck now aren't they and I'd feel embarrassed to wear it as I wouldn't want to be thought of as belonging to same crowd at the shows - you know the ones... identikit horsie people.

I'd much rather wear some proper leather made by a proper leather company not by some tweedsters from Ireland.

Try these: http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/home.a...29EBD42EF0D5B5&producttypeid=98753BBAD1970C50

Last edited:

ThePinkPony

Visit site
I adore adore adore mine. They are Galways and ive had them for 4 years and to be honest, if i had to choose a shoe to wear for the rest of my life it would be them!

they look a bit tatty now, but they did 3 years of beating (almost every day of the season) clubbing, wading in the river, mucking out dogs and i will admit im not very careful with them. But i will say i get freezing cold feet, and wearing my dubes, even in the deep snow, i was absolutely toasty :D

I dont particularly care if other people wear them, my footwear doesnt define me.

bumblelion

Visit site
Think I'v been put off getting some! As much as they look nice, I don't like the idea of them falling to bits, not at that price!! I can justify spending that amount on horses but not on myself if not that hard wearing!! Hence why it's taken me years to contemplate whether or not to get any!! I'll prob just get some ariats instead, just not very clued up on their long boots. Like something with chunky sole and easy to slip on and off!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
A pair of Harry Halls I bought for messing about in has lasted me 9 years.. not bad for £85. They're not what they were 9 years ago but I still wear them over winter when doing tough jobs. I save my RM's for slightly better going :D

Maisy

Visit site
I have a black pair of Clare's...I am on my 3rd pair, but I have to say that Dubarry were pretty good in exchanging them when they broke....HOWEVER....for £300 I wouldn't expect to have had to return them twice!

I have given up wearing them to the yard now!

I have some Ariat (I think they are Grassmere?) boots that are WONDERFUL, and would go with them every time.....however, I dont find their paddock boots last very well??

Bri

Visit site
I think I must be in the minority. I've had mine for almost 2 years where have they been worn pretty much every day & they're still going strong, although stitching is starting to fray a bit on one. I also received fantastic customer service from them. I had a bad fall a few months after buying them & had to have one cut off by ambulance men - I emailed Dubarry to ask if they would on the off chance sell me one boot, and they sent me one a week later, free of charge, without me having to provide any proof of original purchase. Considering my first pair were bought at cost price by a friend who worked for them I think I've actually made a £20 profit off mine!! :D

MadisonBelle

Visit site
I adore adore adore mine. They are Galways and ive had them for 4 years and to be honest, if i had to choose a shoe to wear for the rest of my life it would be them!

they look a bit tatty now, but they did 3 years of beating (almost every day of the season) clubbing, wading in the river, mucking out dogs and i will admit im not very careful with them. But i will say i get freezing cold feet, and wearing my dubes, even in the deep snow, i was absolutely toasty :D

I dont particularly care if other people wear them, my footwear doesnt define me.

This! I've had mine for about 3-4 years now and still going strong....Worn almost everyday at the yard and my footwear doesn't define me either!!!

bumblelion

Visit site
It seems they're nice boots but the majority of people who have posted who have had some have had problems with them falling apart and had problems with their customer services. Ariats are seeming like a better idea!!

Hairy Old Cob

Visit site
I love mine look after them properly have waded through peat bogs in wales nice dry feet now 18 months old good as new. Having tried Dublin River boots which leaked linings wore through in no time new sort better than original but still Leaky Rubbish, Welligogs Sloane boots 1St pair waterproof for 4 months 2 replacement pairs LEAKED straight out of the Box got my money back. Toggi Hamilton boots waterproof for 4 months I think they come out of the same factory as the Welligogs! Rydale Malham Boots leaky but not guaranteed waterproof by Rydale. So having tried the rest it has to be Dubarries all the way If I buy Waterproof Boots I expect them to be be well "waterproof" and I would Like to know how some manufacturors have the audacity to claim their boots Waterproof especialy Dublin River boots. Dubarries everytime and I dont care if every one is wearing them it is for a reason they perform as they should.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I love mine. I lived in them all winter. Super comfy and never leaked once (and I abuse them). I was given them as a present, not sure if I'd pay £250 or whatever price they are now though.