dubarry Galway boots

blood_magik

Visit site
i have two questions :)

1- the website says the calf is 17 1/8 inches. is this the case?
I have rather chunky legs and I don't want to spend £300 to find they don't fit.

2- are the worth £300??? a few people I know have holes in them after less than a year.

Merlin11

Visit site
I have dubarry Wexford and they are wider in the calf. Had them for nearly 4 years and do loads in them and still in good condition. I paid £240 for mine but think they cost £350 now. Think they are worth it though.

mulledwhine

Visit site
Go for the wide fitting, my calves are 14 inches and I found that they were not that generous :)

I also have the Dublin boots, and to be honest, my dubarrys are sooo comfy, that the dublins never get worn now.

blood_magik

Visit site
I have to admit I was surprised when the website said the standard fit is 44cms :eek:
to be honest, I'm not sure they're worth the money as they're going to be abused.

jrp204

Visit site
My calves a massive! 16.5" with jeans on. I have a pair of extra fit Dub's, didn't pay £300 for them but would. I have had them for 18 months, use them every day, we live on a farm, have sheep and 3000 chickens and the neds. I haven't worn a pair of wellies since getting them I use them for absolutely everything, they get sh1 t high, wash them off, bit of polish and they are fab again.

pec

Visit site
If you're going to abuse them I wouldn't waste my money as they will not last.

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Go for Dubarrys, honestly. I'm a chunk and have size 6'a in a wide calf and can get jeans socks and bootliners on with them.

I wear mine to teach / go to yard in, walk dogs or anything else relatively outdoor ish, dont look after them that we'll, had them over a year and the are fine.

I will still say apart from my at they are the best thing I have ever boUght. So much so I'm buying another pair for good.

mon

Visit site
I have 16" calves size 7 feet and bought normal width and fit well not worn much but very pleased with them Wednesday sheep 2012 at three counties ploughed show ground and Friday at soaking wet east of England show feet toasty warm dry and comfortable, my dublins have been relegated to Marketwear and dog walking as they are not waterproof.

LJN

Visit site
I have the Tipperary Dubarrys and they are fantastic. One pair lasted me three years of muddy, salt watery dog walks and were so comfortable and snugg. The second pair are into their third year but have become rather redundant since moving to southern Spain :(

MRich

Visit site
I have the Galway Dubarrys, they are wonderful, I use them for shooting, dog walking etc and they are completely waterproof and comfy! Had them 3 years now and they still look as good as new with a bit of a clean up. I did find they were roomy around my calves, plenty of room for thick welly socks in winter!

LisaS

Visit site
I have the Dubarry Galways as well, just love them. Almost 2 years and they're as good as new with a scrub up!

Keep you warm & dry, and being an Aussie living over here I don't like my tootsies being frozen, one thing guaranteed to have me moaning about the weather :D

Bikerchickone

Visit site
I looked at getting a pair of these but decided against it when a friend said she'd had two pairs and both leaked, so she gave up on them and bought Tuffa Suffolks for walking her dogs. I've just bought the riding version of these online in the broad fitting as they say their calf width is up to 19inches! Waiting for them to arrive now, but I tried her Suffolks on and they did feel lovely, and don't cost as much as the Dubarrys either!

redcascade

Visit site
No help on the sizing but I love mine, had them since May 2010 and they're still going strong, even after been worn nearly every day for their entire life :) I wouldn't say mine have been 'abused' but they've been in mud, to the yard, dog walking, in puddles, the only thing I don't do is muck out in them. They're well loved, not very well cared for, but, I wouldn't be without a pair :)

firm

www.blacklaw-stud.com
I love my Dubarrys, well worth the money and sadly I am also about to put a brand new pair of Dubarry Tipperarys size 5 on Ebay or on H&H if it is free to advertise them?

Hairy Old Cob

Visit site
MY Galways
The secret is they have to be looked after "why any one would buy expensive boots and just neglect them is beyond me! my Original pair 3 years old on their second sole unit they have been worn through everything peat bogs shooting Work Dredging Contractor always in the SH** just the depth that varies (wish they did a steel toe cap version). The Boots are still totally 100% WATERPROOF they have just completed 2 days in the SH** at Hollowell Steam Rally hosed off cleaned good as new.

You get what you pay for Having tried dublin river boots 6 pairs returned Total Crap. Rydale Malham Boots slightly better as the cheapies Bit more expensiveWelligog sloane boots 1st pair waterproof 4 months 2 replacement pairs leaked straight out of the box, Toggi hamilton boots think they are made in the same factory first pair waterproof 4 months leaked in the same place, replacement pair hardly worn as yet.

Dubarries are the real Deal all the others are just pretenders.

Allways buy the best boots (and look after them) you can afford and the best Bed you can afford If you aernt in one you should be in the other:D

rossiroo

Visit site
I am on my 3rd pair, the other 2 were replaced because they were not waterproof ! and yes I did spend a fortune on 'cleaner' 'conditioner' and 'protector'. I will never buy another pair I will try ariat next time, I think that the ones I have now may last a while tho as I hardly ever where them because my feet get wet ! but I supose they look pretty.

Superhot

Visit site
I bought Dubarries as I understood they have a lifetime guarantee. I wear them a lot, dog walking as well as doing horses etc. I find the right one very difficult to get on, I seem to have a high in step and my foot gets stuck! Apart from this, I love them.

Countrychic

Visit site
Hate them, mine leaked then the sole fell off. Dubarry didn't care and were very rude. After countless phonecalls i paid to send them back to ireland, they replaced the sole then two days later it fell off again! Literally the worst customer service I've ever known. Bought some ariats and can't speak highly enough of them.