dubarry owners.........

flintmeg

Visit site
My lovely lovely hubby bought me some dubarrys for my birthday and i was wondering how everyone looks after theirs! thanks and birthday cake in advance
grin.gif

nokia

Visit site
iv spent lots of money on all fancy products to look after mine, and the best thing seems to be good quality saddle soap.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I've had mine since March and TBH I haven't cleaned them once
frown.gif
I plan to use NAF leather cream since I have some of it already and someone recommended its as good as the fancy stuff on them
wink.gif

Whatever you do, do NOT wear Dubarry's to the beach!! I walked along a stoney beach in them during the summer not touching the water but still the toes have gone a bit lighter brown
frown.gif

camilla4

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My lovely lovely hubby bought me some dubarrys for my birthday and i was wondering how everyone looks after theirs! thanks and birthday cake in advance
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HI FnM - I actually use the Dubarry cream on mine. However, in spite of meticulous treatment, they are already cracking across the top of the foot. I've had this problem before (mine do get a lot of wear and get wet most days) - I've oftened wondered if this really is the best cream to use or whether NAF/Nikwax/something else would be better.

I'd welcome recommendations from other Dubarry owners!

spaniel

Visit site
I use the Dubarry cream.....I worry that other stuff wont stay waterproof. Im pretty sure its made by Oakwood so you could buy some of that and do your tack with it as well!

camilla4

Visit site
I might look into that! I always feel that the Dubarry cream is more than likely exactly the same as many other products, but with a heavy premium on the price!

cattysmith

Visit site
I got some of these at the weekend. My friend runs a tack shop and she got me them at cost price so 1/2 what they cost in the shop. I intend on making them last by not going near a horse in them! They're superb though, I'm well pleased with them I've been wearing them constantly to break in and they've not really needed it as they're very comfortable. I've got some of the furry warmers too.

I think I'll probably treat them with their own stuff just to stay on the safe side.