Dubarrys - I take back all of my previous recommendations!

disco

Visit site
I've never really worn them in extremely cold conditions as were experiencing at the moment.

I wore them today at a show (just watching today) and my feet were absolutley frozen
crazy.gif
They really were like blocks of ice
mad.gif

Early morning I'd worn my Tay Muck Boots to the yard & my feet were lovely & warm (positivly hot!) after the show, I rode in my Mountain Horse Rimfrosts, again, feet were warm as toast!

Conclusion: Dubarry's are perfect posing boots to be worn in mild conditions only
frown.gif

Alternative Option: Ariat Grasmere's, as worn by my friend today who's feet were lovely & warm
grin.gif

djlynwood

Visit site
Ive found this to be the case also. I was told when I bought them that I would not need extra or thick socks as they would keep my feet warm with thin socks on. I feel the cold really badly so thought it was just my 'neshness' glad someone else mentioned it.

NeilM

Visit site
My OH has had several pairs of Dubarry's. She now lives in her Ariat's.

We have had dealings with both companies Customer Service Depts. Ariat's, superb. Dubarry's act like they are doing you a favour by even talking to you.

disco

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ive found this to be the case also. I was told when I bought them that I would not need extra or thick socks as they would keep my feet warm with thin socks on. I feel the cold really badly so thought it was just my 'neshness' glad someone else mentioned it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told the same!
And to be honest, for the money I payed I dont expect to pay out for liners! Not when both my Muck Boots & Mountain Horse boots cost a fraction of what the Dubarrys cost!
shocked.gif

jnb

Visit site
Another vote for MH Rimfrosts and Ariat (Arctics in my case).
don't suppose I could get my fat little legs in Dubarrys anyway!

kerilli

Visit site
i have the Ariat Grasmeres, and after a lifetime of freezing feet i am finally in heaven. cannot recommend them highly enough. as comfy as slippers, totally waterproof, and keep my poor rubbish-circulation toes absolutely toasty.
they have made this winter 1000x more bearable!

Miss Tipps

Visit site
Got to agree with kerilli. I bought myself the Ariat Grasmeres just recently and my poor frozen feet think they're finally in heaven. I can go plodging across a muddy field in them, then hose them off and ride - brilliant!!!

Hornby

Visit site
Ariats great - warm feet all this winter and last when riding! Dubarry's - can't stand the posh idiots who stand in troughs of water at Burghley advertising them - so not for me!

Tia

Visit site
My original Dubarry's, which must be about 5 years old by now, have always been really warm, even over here with our silly temperatures, however my daughter has commandeered mine and I ordered another pair which will be arriving home, along with my husband in a couple of hours. I hope the new ones are as toasty as my old ones.

I do have Ariats too and they are really warm, but they have no grips on the bottom so are pretty much useless to me with all the ice around.

sfward

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We have had dealings with both companies Customer Service Depts. Ariat's, superb. Dubarry's act like they are doing you a favour by even talking to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree with this. When my last pair of Dubarry's started leaking after only a year they told me they were out of guarantee and offered me a measly 10% off a new pair
mad.gif

However I have to say they are really comfy and I find them very warm too (and I have the worst circulation in the world!) They look good as well, personally I think most of the Ariats are really ugly
blush.gif
I think the lesson is if you're going to spend a lot of money on a pair of boots then at least look after them, I don't avoid mud/water as that would be ridiculous but I do put leather food on mine almost every time I wear them and that way they should last for years
grin.gif

druid

Visit site
I have Reynauds syndrome - Ariats didn't hold a candle to my Dubarrys, my feet were never warm in them