Dulwich Riding School - tracing a horse

Archangel

Visit site
Did anyone ride there and know a mare called Bonnie. Arab x Welsh, about 14 hands, chestnut. She would be late 20s now if she is still around. It is a long shot but may be someone knew her.

Thanks in advance. :)

Suenomel

Visit site
Hi there, i was riding at Dulwich for a couple of years until 2011 but never knew of a horse called Donnie. Dulwich as a facebook page and a website so you can try emailing them. Good luck

Bubble734

New User
Visit site
I've been riding at Dulwich for 9 years and don't remember there being a Bonnie when I've been there, sorry! But if you email them (see website for email address) the current manager should know :)

Longago

New User
Visit site
Hi, if you still get this, I'm afraid bonnie has been gone for quite a few years now, she had to be put down. I used to ride there as a chd (she was the first one I fell off) and was there for some years after she passed.

Archangel

Visit site
Thanks for posting Longago, I'm truly grateful. She was the daughter of my stallion and I just wondered how she was doing. I'm sorry she has gone (stallion has also gone now) and also sorry you fell off her! Her dam was a zippy little thing.

Longago

New User
Visit site
Lol yeah she was absolutely beautiful and yes very zippy when the moment took her, she teamed up with a dales pony named bobby, when they were good they were good but you usually knew when one was up to no good the other would join in.

Longago

New User
Visit site
Yeah lovely bay bobby, half brother to dinah, piebald. Don't know how long he was there before her (so don't know if you knew here too) as I know he was there from very early age.
Though I'f you remember bobby you must remember tommy (palomino....ish lol)

Longago

New User
Visit site
Or maybe, lady, her foals dolly and Sally (my baby) dinahs foal belle
Beauty and her foal David, Roy maybe Rosie and ruby?
Think they had a big horse called duke oh and Sam.
Sorry trying to remember as out of ones above, it was Sally, dinah,bobby,bonnie,tommy, Rosie and lady that were still there.
Others of course but I think they were newer.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Gosh yes. I remember them well. I remember when David was born!
Ditto Sally!
Roy - stunning horse. I remember riding Tommy, Ruby, Dinah, Belle, Bobby and Lady. Duke was there when I was initially at Dulwich as a 9/10 yr old.
My favourite was Prince... I looked after him as an oldie.

Longago

New User
Visit site
Oh yeah prince, lol
I only heard stories of some of these and saw pictures.
Stories about ruby were usually quite amusing!
I looked after Sally from when she was about 7/8 until she passed away 8 years ago, and Dinah, as much as she initially scared me, her ,bobby and Shot kept me riding after a few confidence knocks, she was lovely.
There was another Belle by the time I was there, a liver chesnut, then grace, Rosie, regent, major and a little stallion cob called joey oh and shot how did I almost forget him...quirky but then a lot of Jim's horses were.
Did you know Emma or Hilary (instructors) or Vi (just a helper I think,older lady)

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I remember Vi - she used to help out a couple of evenings a week. When I was there, Pat & later Chris ran it. Regent yes I remember him- and Shot. :Ruby was legendary. If she didn't like you (and she didn't like me!) then going into her box was like dicing with death!!

Longago

New User
Visit site
Yeah it was chris running it when I started until she became ill and passed away (about 10 years ago I think now, they all seem to roll into one as I get older) and jim about 6/7 months later, though met pat lots of times when she started coming back up from time to time to see jim or ride and to judge the summer show.
Lol yeah we had heard things like that about her, although we had to avoid a couple as kids they wernt that bad.

Longago

New User
Visit site
Yeah as far as I know, I left 7 years ago now, but still very much miss the old days and horses as I pretty much grew up there, as did a lot of people lol