Dumb Q: What do you apply Kevin Bacon with?

ever_hopeful

Visit site
Gosh - what an embarrassing question to ask.... BUT last weekend I bought a big tub of the Kevin Bacon hoof dressing and it's already destroyed 3 hoof oil brushes
smirk.gif
Infact, the top of the stuff is now thick with molted brush hairs stuck in it!
crazy.gif

Okay, so apart from buying crud hoof oil brushes - what am I doing wrong??? What do you apply yours with???

ever_hopeful

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Someone on our yard uses a good sized paintbrush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh...
blush.gif
Now why on Earth didn't I fathom that out for myself??!!! Duh. Of course! Shall raid the garage shelf now and see what I can pinch from the OH w/o him noticing
grin.gif

THANK YOU!

Beccaeve

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone on our yard uses a good sized paintbrush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh...
blush.gif
Now why on Earth didn't I fathom that out for myself??!!! Duh. Of course! Shall raid the garage shelf now and see what I can pinch from the OH w/o him noticing
grin.gif

THANK YOU!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its ok
grin.gif
If its any consolation I would've probably killed a few hoof oil brushes before thinking of that!
tongue.gif

reddie

Visit site
Also as the weather warms up, it does become softer andcan get runny in hot weather. I've bought it in oil form in a can with an intergral brush and it doesn't get hard.

Spyda

Visit site
How do you stand the smell of the stuff, though? I have some and no matter how careful I am, or how often I wash my hands afterwards with Carex handwash - I stink of the stuff for absolutely ages afterwards. It's embarrassing and horrible. I just can't shift the stink. Puts me off using the product TBH. Shame, as I am sure it's great stuff!