Dutch Microchip

Kamitchell87

Visit site
Hi.... Rescued my mare nearly 2 years ago from dealers and have been made aware by my vet after scanning that she infact has a dutch microchip. Would love to find her details even just her sire and dam and most importantly her real age.... Is there anyone here than can help me as I seem to have hit a brick wall with this.... And is there a way I can change chip details?

Thank you in advance
Kirsty

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
A long shot but if you have the microchip number you could check it for free on the KWPN database webpage to see if she is registered with them. If not try contacting them for advice, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Kamitchell87

Visit site
Thank you did this yesterday and she's not registered with them sadly.... Looks like I will have to investigate further and try find someone with access to stud records or something.. X

Kamitchell87

Visit site
Unfortunately she has neither... Only found out it was a dutch chip as vet scanned her to give a replacement passport and hadn't ever seen a chip like what hers brought up.... She was sold as a 14yr old but probably more like 20-22yr old X

popsdosh

Visit site
Unfortunately she has neither... Only found out it was a dutch chip as vet scanned her to give a replacement passport and hadn't ever seen a chip like what hers brought up.... She was sold as a 14yr old but probably more like 20-22yr old X

The chip number should include a code that is linked to a stud book maybe!

HappyHollyDays

Visit site
Kirsty I have looked up the chip number on europetnet.com and it has come back registered to a company in Houten. As it's all in Dutch I can't get any further but the company is called the Nederlandse Databank Gezelschapdierer or NDG.nl. It says the chip was last updated on 11/9/2001.

Not sure if it takes you much further forward but at least you have a date to work on.

Kamitchell87

Visit site
Fantastic I will absolutely try contacting them and work with maybe some sort of translation online or something surly must be a way I can go forward hopefully 😁

Kirsty

Kamitchell87

Visit site
Thanks so much again I did as you have and when I clicked more info there is a email address and also stated dutch or English language so I have popped of an email and impatiently will wait a reply X

Kamitchell87

Visit site
The 2001 record on that site related to a male dog called Jerry 😭 had no idea that even different animals I.E horse or dogs could have same number you would never think that X

teacups

Visit site
Is it possible that the number should read 5281 not 5282? If it was handwritten then a 1 can sometimes look like a 2.
Gezelschapsdieren means means companion animals i.e. usually household pets.

Kamitchell87

Visit site
Hi no this is the chip number printed on her passport by the vet.... Yes I thought that was household pets on that company database 😭

Kamitchell87

Visit site
Teacups thank you for your recent reply I had my vet come scan Lady this morning to be certain we had correct details and as you said it was incorrect it had a digit missing a 1 between the 8 and the 2 so it's back to the start for me 😭

HappyHollyDays

Visit site
That would make it a 16 digits long and it should be 15 so something is still wrong with it. My pony has a German chip which starts 276, it is 15 digits and as far as I can tell has never been registered anywhere either.