Dying from a 'broken heart'

starryeyed

Visit site
This brought tears to my eyes, you poor thing! Joining the FB group & spreading the word, really hope we can bring you two back together again. She's beautiful, somebody must recognise her xx

JavaJaneW

Visit site
Joined and added people :) Good luck!
I sold a wonderful dun and white cob to a family and lost their details, I have always yearned to know how she is or see her.
It can work, FaceBook is brill for things like this. I sold a beautiful mare, a buckskin connemara x (unsuitable for the RS or me sadly) and wondered about her fate (difficult horse in a lot of ways) However, through FB just recently I found her!
She is in a super home, doing SJ and looks as gorgeous as ever. It's so heart-warming to see her updates now, I am over the moon she is in a perfect place :)

Phoebe1

Visit site
Hi,Firstly I think you are very brave for writting about it. Lots of people must feel like this but maybe just bury the pain and deal with it in different ways. I agree with several other posts, I think you should try to look for your horse, someone somewhere will know something. Even if your horse has passed on at least you would know and it would help to stop you wondering. My sister has a coloured pony who was/is a problem pony who we brought from a dealer and never knew much about his history. Then one day years later a girl rang up my mum and it turned out that she had been upset and worried about him for years as her parents had sold him off to a dealer (a different one to the one we bought him from) and knowing what he was like she feared the worst had happened to him. It was only when she re registered her present horse that she asked if her old pony was registered (he hadn't been for a few years) Because my sister had jumped him in UK we had registered him and she was able to get in touch. It worked well for all of us as the girl was so happy and relieved to find out he had a good home for life, and knows where he is and my mum and sister were pleased as it filled in a lot of the missing history and we were able to better understand his problems.

Ellen Durow

Visit site
I can understand what you mean. I got my boy when i was 13 years old. i sold him when i was 18 due to circumstances beyond my control. He was 4 when i got him. I remember crying into his mane when i knew i had to sell him. i sold him to a nice girl who kept him for a few years then i managed to buy him back (this is when i was 21). I had him for a few more years and had to sell him due to being pregnant and having an abusive non working husband who refused to look after him or contribute to him. Before that i worked many part time jobs to keep him and cycled miles each day to see him. I sold him to a nice home to the farmers daughter whos field i rented. It broke my heart again i could still see him in the field but he wasnt mine!! He was in the field up until about 7 years ago (im 47 now). I miss him every day i still love him and keep a photo of him at the farm

Abusive husband - nice horse. And you sold the horse?

team barney

Visit site
Abusive husband - nice horse. And you sold the horse?

This comment is completely out of order.

The girl was young pregnant and from the sounds of it very vulnerable, she certainly doesn't deserve your condemnation for that.

She made sure her pony ended up in a nice home where he was loved and looked after, she clearly still loved him immeasurably but wasn't in a position to look after him any longer so she did what was best for her pony and herself.

The girl wasn't abusing her horse, and unless you have been in an abusive relationship you won't understand how difficult it can be to escape, so stop your judgment and think before you type.

JustMe22

Visit site
I really hope you find her :) Have asked to join the group even though I'm on the other side of the world - have a few horsey friends in the UK and I want to keep up with the news. It is possible that this will work. The world is so small now with all the technology :)

Tiasmum

Visit site
I was in your position when I was 17 - v difficult circumstances outside my control meant my pony had to go to a dealer - quickly.

It is absolutely heartbreaking, I spent years crying over that mare, racked with guilt because I didn't know where she was. If I saw a horse I'd be crying. I ended up being diagnosed with major depression. It's as if you're in mourning if that makes sense lol

Anyway I put an ad on tracing equines- it was on there for years but eventually the owners found me! It turned out after all those years she'd gone to a fantastic home from the dealer - spoilt rotten she was! I visited her once, saw she was happy and left after half hour lol :) can't tell you how happy I was, it allowed me to move on.

I hope you find her and wish you the best of luck, I know how hard it is but please don't blame yourself. We can't help what life throws at us.

Guylian

Visit site
Never had this experince with a horse...but I have with other animals :( They become a part of our family so its hard when we no longer have them. I hope you find her and I also hope she has a lovely family where she currently is.

cobmum

Visit site
Ive posted all over facebook (horsey groups!) and my own page. I am sure she is happy and healthy but i understand you just want to know! Hugs :)

Serephin

Visit site
I hope you find her.

I went into a mental breakdown (well, it felt like it) when I sold my TB - panic attacks, couldn't eat for two weeks. He went to a lovely girl who kept in touch. She went off the radar for a while and I panicked at the thought of not knowing if he was okay or not. She got in touch again to my utter relief. He died two years ago, slipped in the field and broke his hip. I cried and cried when she told me. But at least I know where he is now.

Ellemoo

Visit site
I would have a search on the www.nedonline.co.uk
This is another advantage of having a horse freezemarked as anyone can read it.
One other thing is if your horse is microchipped or freezemarked make sure that the number(s) are transferred to your horses record on www.nedonline.co.uk
Can you recall which dealer you sold your horse to?

The dealer isnt of any help in the search- they have been contacted and dont keep records of who they sell horses to and cant remember any details.
NED also isnt any help, she is showing up on the database but her passport still has myself down as the owner (it either hasnt been updated or she has a new one)
Elle x

angieb

Visit site
Hi,

I just wanted to send you my best wishes and let you know there are plenty of people who understand.

I sold my pony when I was 16, nobody forced me to but at the time I felt it was right. The lady who came was lovely and said she wanted him for a little girl who would love him to pieces. The moment he was loaded I felt awful, I couldnt bear to watch the wagon leave but consoled myself that he was going to a good home.

It was only a couple of days later when I rang to ask how he was that I found out that the "Lady" was a dealer, I was absolutely gutted and couldnt forgive myself. I tried for years to find out where Henry had gone, but never managed to trace him which makes it so much harder so I understand completely where you are coming from.

Good luck with trying to trace her, I do hope you manage to do so
x

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
Hi, def got it the right way round. It all started when i sold her. I wasnt aware that your mind is such a powerful thing! My neurologist says that it is the 'emotional trauma' of losing her that caused my body to have such an extreme reaction :( I had very similar problems as a child when my dad died...
Not many people believe/understand that this is possible :eek::)

I do understans Ellemoo I still have panic attacks when I realise I'm living without my chap Troy, I had a similar grief reaction when I lost my darling mother at 30. I so hope you find her soon.

Dr Horse couldn't post and run - everything crossed for a speedy diagnosis and recovery:)