Dymphna Cash of Monasterevin

Spreebok

Visit site
Hi all, hope it's okay to post this here?
I'm trying to get in contact with a lady caled Dymphna Cash who lives in Monasterevin, as she is listed as my Irish Cobs breeder.
I've found her on facebook and sent her a message and a friend request, but she does not appear to use it very often, and my messages go straight into her others folder, so she hasn't got my message (she has been active since I originally sent the message 1st June, and the message is showing as unseen still).

I've tried googling her name, but no luck!

Anyone able to help me out? :)

wendy59

New User
Visit site
bonjour
Avez-vous réussi à contacter Dymphna Cash ? Car j'ai acheté un irish cob il y a peu de temps et son nom est indiqué sur le passeport irlandais de mon cheval, j'aurais donc aimé avoir plus d'information sur mon cheval.
merci

Spreebok

Visit site
Translation courtesy of google:
Were you able to contact Dymphna Cash? Because I bought an Irish cob there is little time and his name appears on the Irish passport my horse , so I would have liked more information on my horse.
Thank you

I'm afraid I haven't, I've messaged her on facebook but apparently she's the wife of a big time gypsy dealer, so chances of them remembering my horse are slim!

FiggyT

New User
Visit site
Hi Puzzled! Same question as the others on this post - I have a horse that originally came from Dymphna Cash. Would love to know some more history. Is it true that she is / wife of a big Gypsy dealer? Many thanks :)

Garryowen

New User
Visit site
Hi there :)

My name is Alex and I'm from Austria.
Quite recently I bought an Irish Tinker and the passport of the horse says, Dymphna Cash is the previous owner. Now I would like to know more from the history of my horse. Is it possible to make contact with Dymphna Cash?

Some facts: The name of my horse is Garryowen Girl, born on January 1st 2009.

I'm looking forward to your response.

Best wishes, Alex

FiggyT

New User
Visit site
Hi there :)

My name is Alex and I'm from Austria.
Quite recently I bought an Irish Tinker and the passport of the horse says, Dymphna Cash is the previous owner. Now I would like to know more from the history of my horse. Is it possible to make contact with Dymphna Cash?

Some facts: The name of my horse is Garryowen Girl, born on January 1st 2009.

I'm looking forward to your response.

Best wishes, Alex

HI Alex

I eventually got a reply from her (Cash) saying she had no info on my horse. You will probs get the same answer!

Fiona

Garryowen

New User
Visit site
Hi Fiona,

thank you so much for your reply. Not so good, if there are no horse-infos. I'm full of curiosity.
* What training?
* Is my horse broken in? ('cause Garry is a little tomboy if I'm on the back on her).
* Is there a foal - is she a already a Horse-Mum? ;)

Questions about questions :)

Alex

Mals05

Visit site
I have tried to contact her but not managed to get hold of her. Someone told us that she and her husband run a very large dealership and that it is unlikely they would remember the horse. They also buy horses at fares so I was told. The horse we got via them turned out to be an absolute gem but when we first had her she was almost afraid of her own shadow so doubt it is a nice place.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I happen to know the Cash family; they are indeed quite big dealers (they're not gypsies, though :) ). It's unlikely that they would have any intimate knowledge of the horses they sell on, they have a large throughput and often buy and sell on very quickly.

Mals05

Visit site
I happen to know the Cash family; they are indeed quite big dealers (they're not gypsies, though :) ). It's unlikely that they would have any intimate knowledge of the horses they sell on, they have a large throughput and often buy and sell on very quickly.
May I ask what the standards of care are? In my search for info I have come across a few people who had horses from them and most seemed to be pretty nervous to put it mildly. Thanks

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
May I ask what the standards of care are? In my search for info I have come across a few people who had horses from them and most seemed to be pretty nervous to put it mildly. Thanks
A lot of these horses will have come from sales and fairs and literally just passed through the yard. They are pretty typical Irish dealers; compared to English yards they would be considered a bit rough and ready. The lads (and lassies) themselves all hunt, and are good, tough riders, but not exactly polished. I've had a good few horses from them myself over the years, and ridden a few for them too. They're not the worst out there by any means, but they are not mollycoddlers.

P.S. anyone with experience of buying Irish horses will tell you that they are seldom the finished article. The majority of Irish horses are sold just backed.

Mals05

Visit site
A lot of these horses will have come from sales and fairs and literally just passed through the yard. They are pretty typical Irish dealers; compared to English yards they would be considered a bit rough and ready. The lads (and lassies) themselves all hunt, and are good, tough riders, but not exactly polished. I've had a good few horses from them myself over the years, and ridden a few for them too. They're not the worst out there by any means, but they are not mollycoddlers.

P.S. anyone with experience of buying Irish horses will tell you that they are seldom the finished article. The majority of Irish horses are sold just backed.
Thank you ?
More or less what I was expecting.

jillcrewe

New User
Visit site
They are big horse dealers - they won't know each horse individually. They generally just gather up batches of them and send them on lorries to England so it's unlikely your horses would have spent any significant time on their yard. To your point of the horses being nervous - most horse dealers are buying young, inexperienced or unproven horses or horses with issues that would make them hard to sell privately. It's often not sinister just that a more established horse would probably be sold privately.

show pony

New User
Visit site
Hi all, hope it's okay to post this here?
I'm trying to get in contact with a lady caled Dymphna Cash who lives in Monasterevin, as she is listed as my Irish Cobs breeder.
I've found her on facebook and sent her a message and a friend request, but she does not appear to use it very often, and my messages go straight into her others folder, so she hasn't got my message (she has been active since I originally sent the message 1st June, and the message is showing as unseen still).

I've tried googling her name, but no luck!

Anyone able to help me out? :)

show pony

New User
Visit site
Translation courtesy of google:
Were you able to contact Dymphna Cash? Because I bought an Irish cob there is little time and his name appears on the Irish passport my horse , so I would have liked more information on my horse.
Thank you

I'm afraid I haven't, I've messaged her on facebook but apparently she's the wife of a big time gypsy dealer, so chances of them remembering my horse are slim!