E and L insurance

vickyconnolly

Visit site
Has anybody ever dealt with e and l insurance with a dog?
Are they as good as petplan? as they are alot cheaper than petplan which really puts me off! What's the difference? Or is it just petplan ripping people off!
Thanks
Tor

Aru

Visit site
Many vets will ask for money upfront when dealing with them.They are ment to be difficult to get to pay up promptly.

Pulling money for the vet bill up out of savings/credit card and then chasing the insurance down myself for it is not personally my idea of good pet insurance

pointersrus

Visit site
Dreadfull, dreadfull, dreadfull - I use More Than and have had big claims of up to £2,500 each dog and they pay up promptly. Go for a lifetime policy so that they can not put exclusions on your pet at the renewal.

toffeeyummy

Visit site
Animal friends can be a nightmare too. E&l come under many disguises (pet insurance.co.uk for one) so always check who the underwriters are. You will find that tesco/sainsburys/John Lewis/home base etc are all the same underwriters. My advice would be read the small print, all of it and see if it covers everything you'll need.

CAYLA

Visit site
I have heard good about animal friends but also bad (more good) and also heard good from more than but heard they are very very thorough with scrutinising the bills.
I personally would only recommend Petplan.

echodomino

Visit site
Avoid E&L and all companies to do with, like the plague!!!

Had the horses insured with them until an old friend had to claim after the loss of her horse and had no end of problems. Heard nothing but bad about them since.

TBH we just put money aside for "just in case"

Twizzel

Visit site
Our spaniel is insured with petplan for life cover for £20 a month which we didn't think was too bad... they reduced the premium when we gave them a ring (as we had to put that she goes to work with OH- he is a farmer so they wanted us to call to chat).