E&L Insurance anyone?

pocket

Visit site
Dont touch them with a barge pole
crazy.gif
I made the mistake of taking out insurance with them many moons ago with a young horse who sadly died from grass sickness and had an auwful time with them, have been with SEIB for the past 14yrs and they are FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB
grin.gif

My poor friend has just lost her mare to colic, she required two ops and is now facing a £8,000 bill as they wont pay...... Other companies may be more expensive, but its worth it in the long run
wink.gif

Rosyryan

Visit site
E&L, (entertaining and leisure), they pay up at their leisure and it's entertaining, they are dire!!!!! However a***hole at my old yard tried to claim damages against 1 other livery owners , a***hole claimed the other girls horse had damaged her mare,thay were trying to pull a fast one, when a***holes ins co heard that they would be dealing with E & L they dropped the claim!!! Compounded by the fact that nobody would give evidence against the horse insured with E&L, so rough justice was done in that case, as we all knew that the claim was totally bogus anyway!!!!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
We have always had 100% LOU paid out but we have expensive policys. It pays to pay if you get what I mean.

SpruceRI

Visit site
For the people who have paid their Insurance by Direct Debit and Credit Card, you should be able to claim the money back through the Banks. With Direct Debit the policy was (in the days I used to work in a Bank 10yrs + ago) that if a customer disputed anything taken from their acct by DD for whatever reason, we as the Bank had to pay it back to them and claim the money back from said company at a later date.

Most Credit Card companies offer the same service I think. That's why I always buy Mail Order things with my CC, in case it doesn't arrive, I can make a claim to the card company. Check with your Bank.

SpruceRI

Visit site
p.s. Friend had her trailer worth £1500 stolen a few years back. Had had it for a year and E&L would only pay out £400 for it as price they thought had 'depreciated in line with vehicles of that age'. What utter rubbish

allijudd

Visit site
Check the excemptions with E&L first...... Think you will find that they have get out clauses for almost everything. E.g. If your horse was in a field with another horse but separated by an electric fence...... your horse got in with the other horse and kicked it, E&L would not honour the claim against you because there is a clause which imdemnifies them against horses exhibiting natural behaviour. This happened to a friend of mine, and she was left to cover a £5k vets bill because the horse which was kicked got an infection in th joint which was kicked. I am with NFU and would recommend them 100%... they are also local, so a problem can be sorted really quick and the personal service is great too.