E&L UPDATE

NeilM

Visit site
We all know about E&L's reputation with claims, and I recenly posted that my OH was doubtful she would get her new claim settled, due to the requirements of making a claim (vetting cert, worming card etc).

Well, I have to report back that as a direct result of my post on here, we have been contacted by the Claims Manager of E&L who says he is trying to change to situation with claims, for the better, but that he can only do this "one claim at a time".

It is early days with my OH's claim, but I will keep you posted.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
typical man, cant multitask
wink.gif
grin.gif

am pretty sure he has been on here on previous posts actually..... saying something similar

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
That's really great news Neil. However, a claims manager posted on here last year about how the organisation was being changed........

I guess no one will hold their breath.
crazy.gif

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
yes but if they can only cope with one claim at a time SS........
tongue.gif

obv why it takes so long
wink.gif

hope yours gets sorted Neil
smile.gif

NeilM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
That's really great news Neil. However, a claims manager posted on here last year about how the organisation was being changed........

I guess no one will hold their breath.
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that post.

I was pretty impressed that the guy rang my OH after 5.00pm to talk through her current claim and previous experience (a very extended claim).

As I said, I will keep you posted, good or bad.

keeley

photobucket.com
Glad you've had some sort of action Neil!

I am also insured with E&L, I have been for years but never got round to changing it as I have never had to claim - Sadly my horse needed treatment before christmas and I am currently waiting for a claim to go through
crazy.gif
I am very worried what with all the feedback I have seen on here about them.

ladyt25

Visit site
Hmm, well you'll have to wait and see I guess. I did hear that they had got a new claims manager in place last year but that will take a long time to sort out a backlog of claims.

Shame they didn't do that about 20 years ago eh!

Just a note though random_rach - yes from a customers point of view it must seem that insurers delay claims sometimes but it isn't actually always the case. Not every claim is black and white and unfortunately due to the increasing amount of fraudulent claims that are submitted it does make it slow sometimes to check a claim is valid. That obviosuly is frustrating for genuine claimants.

Ok, so E&L maybe don't have this excuse as they are renowed for their delay tactics but sometimes it's not as easy as you submit your claim and insurers just pay it!

xnaughtybutnicex

Visit site
I know, of course they need to look into it properly. All insurance companies do but most do it far sooner than E&L. If they have such a large backlog it would explain it though - that new claims manager better get moving.
wink.gif

delberts_racquel

Visit site
I had to claim with them last year, had similar situ where i kept them over from old horse as never had to claim with him. They did take forever to get back to me, and I had to pay a lot of money up front to the vets to get delbert home but i got it back in the end. My advice is to pester the cr@p out of them!! i got given that advice by a few ppl on my yard who'd had problems and to cut a very long story short I eventually wrote them an e-mail threatening to go to my local ombudsman, and when I called the next day I miraculously got through to the claims manager who sorted my claim there and then!! amzing eh?
wink.gif

queenb

Visit site
I have my horse with E&l ( again stupidly have never got round to changing it ) I made my first ever claim back in August after she cut her legs after getting tangled in some barbed wire. I was really worried they would not pay out as I had hydrotherapy and they were asking for copies of vetting certificates from when i brought her etc ( i never actually sent these !) any way today I recieved a cheque from them for all the treatment, whoopie ! Good luck everyone who is still waiting, im off to investigate insurance companies