Ear cropping, please read.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I wholeheartedly agree with the petition. But it will do nothing to stop those in the UK determined to cont with the practice. There’s a bully breeder in Cardiff who crops the ears of all their pups.

Karran

Visit site
Have you reported it?

I had no idea it could be reported, until now, also I dont know who's doing it apart from the fact I'm seeing it more regularly. I dont speak to any of these owners, I mostly try to keep my dogs out of their way as they're poorly socialized and owners are arses.

MissTyc

Visit site
Signed.

Last year I reported a local woman who breeds "pit bull type" (but apparently not) puppies and sells them with cropped ears. I sent loads of evidence from her facebook page that the puppies being born at at her home ("waiting for XYZ to give birth" type updates) and then being sold without ears 2 months later ... Nothing has happened and she's still advertising and selling. I reported to RSPCA, Blue Cross and Police (and also HMRC and Council on the off chance she wasn't registered/paying tax) ... It's quite frustrating when no one cares.

GSD Woman

Visit site
I really dislike cropping. Docking doesn't bother me as badly but I doubt I'll own another docked dog unless I get a poodle. Of course it is legal here and I don't want to have it made illegal or the only people doing it will but the sort that cut ears on their dining room tables without anesthesia and no follow up pain control. I knew a breeder of American Pit Bull Terriers and she went to the "best vet for cropping show dog ears" and the vet horribly botched the job. I laughed inside since she did the cropping so that they would do better in the bree ring. Yes, I can be that nasty.

Smitty

Visit site
I wholeheartedly agree with the petition. But it will do nothing to stop those in the UK determined to cont with the practice. There’s a bully breeder in Cardiff who crops the ears of all their pups.

I have signed but sorry to say I agree with the above. I hope it will stop the practise but very much doubt it as the sort of people who are prepared to do this are the least likely to be worrying about a law.

I saw a cropped litter advertised on Gumtree about a month ago and emailed the RSPCA about it. No idea if anything came of it. The advert went but that may have been as all the pups were sold or somebody could have alerted Gumtree.