East Midlands saddle fitter?

KatB

Visit site
Bridlepath saddlery and Byron at Retford are the only two I would recommend from experience. Bridlepath do 2nd hand too, and will do adjustments on site. Byron is a fitter, not a master saddler, but is very thorough and very experienced.

Sorry I forgot there is a 3rd! Nicola at Buckaroo at Vale has a HUGE range of new and second hand, again is thorough and just qualified, so is very enthusiastic, but has had horses all her life. :) She is incredibly helpful too.

Last edited:

dilbert

Visit site
Didn't have a good experience with Milners, I got the impression that customer service is dependent on how much you have to spend. I've heard good things about Bridlepath

Visit site
I use Andy Milner from Milners. He's excellent. He's based outside Melton Mowbry.

Another vote for Milners! I have used them for the past five years and have bought all of my saddles from them. I have been very impressed by the service, especially as Andy even commented that my horse was dropping his right hip slightly which was making the saddle slip to the right. I got a Chiropractor to look at him and his plevis was slightly tilted to the right! I don't know many saddle fitters that would pick up on something like that. Would definitely recommend them!

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Didn't have a good experience with Milners, I got the impression that customer service is dependent on how much you have to spend. I've heard good things about Bridlepath

TBF, I've not had that experience, I wanted a new/used saddle for one of mine and after much trying on of saddles, he said the one I already had was the best fit.
With my newest horse, I wanted to trade in my saddle for one to fit her, was prepared to buy new if I had to. He tried my saddle on her, said with a bit of flocking it would be absolutely fine, and it has been. Cost was nothing apart from call out.
Have had good price on trading in saddles too. ( Sound as though I'm on the payroll..:) )

JoyD

Visit site
Big thumbs up for Bridlepath International!! Lovely, lovely people.
I had 18 months of saddle fitting problems & they sorted me out in 1 visit :D

I would defo aviod using Barnsby