East Mids/Yorks ODEs - help?

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Anyone know of any where the SJs will either be on a surface or on *perfect* ground? Wibs is not keen on SJing on hard ground, and considering he won't have jumped much recently I think it's best avoided... Looking for something around the 75cm-85cm mark in June/July time, before the Wibster is sold :(

The only ones I can think of are Eland Lodge - and their unaff is during my exams - Epworth - doesn't look to have any ODEs this summer - and Caistor - been before and wouldn't go again :eek:

Moo Wills

Visit site
These might be a bit too far out but Aston is usually on a surface for their unaffiliated ODE's (for the RC champs i think they are on grass). Solihull is also usually on a surface

wildcard

Visit site
What about Northallerton, or helen Bells also got Thornton Lodge which is a really nice course. all of which have grass SJ i think but on nice even surfaces or certainly was last year. :)

superpony

Visit site
What about Shelford unaffiliated at the beginning of June? They do an 80cm course. Its SJ on grass, but normally a nice course and the ground always seems good there.

georgiegirl

Visit site
Northallerton will be running regualar ODE's monthly after their BE event - the dressage is on a surface but not the sj but whenever I have been the ground has been satisfactory.

Helen bell (check her website) will also be running ODE's after her BE event and Im taking a huge punt on saying that she wouldnt run events on crap ground either.

Harewood combined training group also have a ODE at felixkirk coming up - beautiful xc course adn although the sj has been on grass its always been very good as they literally run two events there per year and thats it!

georgiegirl

Visit site
ps nothallerton do like to include a bank in their showjumping courses (small step on, step off sort of thing) which may or may not affect wethe ryou want to go their or not.

I do know port royal have plenty of show cross events coming up with all parts being run on a fabulous surface but its nothing like doing the real thing.

If you want a well built xc track I would go for northallerton personally.

BronsonNutter

Visit site
CM - osberton is my home turf ;) Ground will almost certainly be too hard by the summer for Wibs to be SJing on unfortunately.

MW - both about 3hrs away unfortunately! Maybe if someone else is going to ALW I could hitch a lift though - hadn't thought of that :)

Wench - I don't *think* BB do any unaffs, unless things have changed. Is Frickley the place where Badsworth PC used to have their ODEs, or is it a diff Frickley? Hope it's a different place - went to go once with Bronts and went straight back home again :eek:

WC & GG - will look into Northallerton! I guess if they run it straight after their BE then the ground should have been watered/airovated and churned up a bit :) + Wilby loooooves banks - they're his favourite kind of fence (ditches are his second fave, wierdo pony :cool:) Also will see about Felixkirk, although I don't know how far away that is...

Annabel - I think Shelford is on my last day at uni :( And if it's not that day then it'll be the day after (which probably just won't exist, and even if it does I won't be in any fit state to move out, get home, and go eventing :eek::p)

Jomlin - too soon unfortunately - will be lambing!

duckling

www.facebook.com
Wench - I don't *think* BB do any unaffs, unless things have changed.

Just checked my diary(!) and have Bishop Burton unaff ODE on May 19th. Also a PC one there on July 8th although it's Area's so may not have open classes, you'd have to check...

If you go to the link for Calendar in my sig, you can open the 'Agenda' tab, then scroll down through the dates until you reach end of July. If you're using Internet Explorer you should be ok to press Ctrl and the 'F' key which will bring up the Find box - type in the name of any event you want dates for and they should highlight for you to find easily :)

BronsonNutter

Visit site
FF - completely forgot about Elms Farm! XC is not the most exciting but Wilby doesn't mind :p Shall aim for there!

Duckling - thank you for that! I was trying to think of who did the calendar but couldn't for the life of me remember... Think the first BB unaff will be the weekend before my exams start (so probs ought to be revising then!), but the second sounds like it might be promising :) Plus remembered area 6's event at Burghley is sometimes on a surface.