Easy lift x puissance mare - suitability for BSJA?

BuzzyBea

Visit site
I really am no expert on breeding so would really appreciate your thoughts and comments on a gelding by Easy Lift out of a Puissance mare?

Looking for an easy going, straight forward horse for BSJA. Needs scope to work up the classes but also bold enough to enjoy XC.

A gelding has been suggested to us so wonder what you think breeding wise?

Thank you so much.

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Fabulous breeding for eventing in particular - his damsire Puissance has sired an amazing number of top eventers, amongst them being the international eventers Old Road, Sir Percival III, Horseware Bushman, Huggenstown..... and many more. Easy Lift has a great pedigree for spotters of sport horse sires : High Hat, Hyperion, (not too far back either), Grey Sovereign.... and he has bred a number of Advanced eventers himself. I'm sure that the gelding that you have found will have a jump on him, but his breeding does speak rather more of eventer than showjumper.

BuzzyBea

Visit site
That's very interesting thank you. I'm waiting for photos and videos at the moment which should be here tomorrow. He has done very little comeptitively so is very much a blank canvas but will keep in mind you comments about eventing over show jumping.