easyboot trail vs cavello

smiggy

Visit site
My 4yr old unshod highland was a bit footsore after a longish ride on hard surfaces a few weeks ago. Now fine except feels her feet on gravelly stuff (at which point I get off and walk for now).
I asked my farrier to put some front shoes on but he seemed reluctant and suggested boots instead (am afraid he is moving to the dark side :p).
I tried easyboot trails but although they were the right size hoof wise, they were really loose around the pastern and looked wrong.
Also she isnt the most coordinated beast and it looked like she would trip over her own feet.
Am hoping will get a refund for those, is it worth trying Cavello boots or should I just beg farrier for shoes!
we have done one 16km endurance ride and hoping to do a few more this season if we have functioning feet!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I love love love cavallos! They are leather, never seem to slip off and allows for slightly less round feet. Mine have never rubbed. My friend has 5 pairs for her tb's. Good grip although do watch out if you have mud going downhill. We slipped a lot when he wore his but the again, we were coming down a steep hill in the rain.

Another friend has easy boot gloves and loves it but she has an Arab and suits his foot shape better.

Whatever you get, make sure it fits well and snug. Measure from heel buttress to toe and widest part of hoof to get decent fit.

Arzada

Visit site
I asked my farrier to put some front shoes on but he seemed reluctant and suggested boots instead (am afraid he is moving to the dark side :p).
QUOTE]

When he gets out an array of boots for you (your horse!) to try on you'll know he's arrived at the dark side!