Ebay purchase!

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
Having a real battle with the seller – wants the details of the saddlers I took the saddle to. The seller is still convinced that the saddle is in good, sound condition! I don’t agree to the sellers solution and want the saddle returned and money refunded. Would anyone like to see the pictures of the saddle as I would welcome their opinion. This is a very last time I buy a saddle from ebay now :eek:(

lastchancer

www.facebook.com
I'd be interested to know how much this cost, of course you do expect a better saddle if it cost a fair bit. In the sellers defense though you can only show so much with photo's and opinions will vary (just ask David Thomas lol)
I think the seller will have to pay you eventually but you'll lose on postage. Also if you return make sure you use a signed for courier or she could deny getting it back.

EmmasMummy

Visit site
I'd be interested to know how much this cost, of course you do expect a better saddle if it cost a fair bit. In the sellers defense though you can only show so much with photo's and opinions will vary (just ask David Thomas lol)
I think the seller will have to pay you eventually but you'll lose on postage. Also if you return make sure you use a signed for courier or she could deny getting it back.

If its is not as described I think you get your return postage back as well do you not?

I would say that anything over £100 should not have any rips or tears or need remedial work before being used.

its_noodles

Visit site
Having a real battle with the seller – wants the details of the saddlers I took the saddle to. The seller is still convinced that the saddle is in good, sound condition! I don’t agree to the sellers solution and want the saddle returned and money refunded. Would anyone like to see the pictures of the saddle as I would welcome their opinion. This is a very last time I buy a saddle from ebay now :eek:(

I would just file a case with Ebay (which you have done) for "goods not as described" and leave it like this. I won't even entertain the seller's request for details of your saddler, etc. That's none of his/her business. Just leave it for a few days and tell Ebay you and the seller cannot resolve the issue yourselves and ask them to step in. I think in this case Ebay "should" rule in your favour (I hope, fingers crossed)...

Tnavas

Visit site
To be honest unless the tree is damaged/straps unsafe or fittings loose, then it's pretty much open to opinion regarding condition. Depends on how much it cost I guess.
The seller will probably have to give you a refund but you'll have to pay the postage. Could you not sell it on? rather than lose money on it?

I'd disagree with you there, a saddle with cracks at the seat edge, stitching missing and scrapes underneath is not in good condition - it could be described as fair condition and should have had the damaged identified in the advert - maybe a photo too of the damaged area.

While the stitching on the knee roll is easy to fix, the cracking and subsequent replacement of the seat is not cheap.

Queenbee

Visit site
Yep, file the case with ebay and send your saddlers report and photographic evidence along... Sure that will be enough for them to rule she pays you your money.

ladyt25

Visit site
Sounds like a royal PITA. We just recently sold a saddle on ebay and I would say, for it's age that was in good condition and it hadn't been used for about 7 years - was just kept at home. I tooke time to clean it and even polish the thing!!! The woman who bought it was very happy - well she should be, she bought a pretty decent saddle for £80! I think the only possible thing it could have needed doing to it was re-flocking.
They're a b*gger to try and post (getting a box big enough was a pain!).

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
Thanks for your help - its much appreciated.
I have just been on the phone to ebay (in the US) and they are looking into the case for me. Just waiting to receive an email from them so that I can upload the photos of the saddle. Ebay advised me that it is not necessary to provide the seller with the saddlers details. The seller is prepared to pay for the saddle to be dyed as a resolution! How do you load photos on here? Thanks again.

s4sugar

Visit site
Thanks for your help - its much appreciated.
I have just been on the phone to ebay (in the US) and they are looking into the case for me. Just waiting to receive an email from them so that I can upload the photos of the saddle. Ebay advised me that it is not necessary to provide the seller with the saddlers details. The seller is prepared to pay for the saddle to be dyed as a resolution! How do you load photos on here? Thanks again.

The saddle was not as described and you want a refund. The seller can get it dyed or resell as is but correctly described.

You can upload pictures in the resolution centre - log in through "my ebay". Saynoto0870.com makes calling ebay cheaper.

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
To give you an update.

Ebay provided me with a PP label for me to send back the saddle to the seller and once I provided the tracking number (within the ebay dispute system) I am to receive full cost including P&P to me which has made my day :O)).

So when a seller lists that the item is not for refund... think again!

Many thanks for all your help - much appreciated.

s4sugar

Visit site
To give you an update.

Ebay provided me with a PP label for me to send back the saddle to the seller and once I provided the tracking number (within the ebay dispute system) I am to receive full cost including P&P to me which has made my day :O)).

So when a seller lists that the item is not for refund... think again!

Many thanks for all your help - much appreciated.

Good so far but please let us know when you get the refund and keep the tracking/postage receipt.

I was thinking of you when I saw a seller trying to get around legal obligations with this on their ebay listing "Please note : Due to being taken advantage of by ebay "Buyers" who have used our saddles for an event and then tried to say they changed thier minds etc,we do not accept returns ,as this is a custom made item it is exempt from the distance selling regulations,please look at the photos,ask questions,before you bid."

A trader with some nice saddles who wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Last edited:

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
Just to give you an update.

After following all Ebays procedure(s) I received the full amount back on my credit card including the P&P. A great results. Thanks.

Have now got a saddler coming out at the week-end.

Hawks27

Visit site
Contact seller first and if won't accept return log issue with ebay customer support, I have just been given a full refund via ebay as seller refused to accept return on a saddle advertised and very cleverly photographed as being in good condition.
Colour was wrong, saddle flaps needed stitching it was scratched and scuffed badly needed reflocking all in all was in poor condition. ebay sided with me saddle was returned and full refund given via paypal. I just feel sorry for the next person who bought as seller relisted exactly as before