ebay, refund advice please

twisteddiamond

Visit site
i sold an item on ebay, the lady now wants to return it as it is not as described (its a wow seat, which came direct from wow so if its not as described wow fleeced me) for a full refund which i agreed to, but she is refusing to send back the seat until she gets the refund, so should i refund before getting the item back (it may not be in the condition i sent it in) or should i stick to my guns and get the item back before i refund?

Rhandir

Visit site
I've had a few refunds from ebay sellers, I've always had to return the item first, which I did, making sure that the item was tracked so that I knew they'd received it. I've never had any problems, the cost of the item plus my return postage has been paid by the seller.

Stick to your guns, no return, no refund.

Liesel

Visit site
I regularly sell & buy on Ebay. I have refunded in the past on an incorrectly described item (my error I said boots were navy when they were black). I received the boots back and refunded immediately. I would not refund until you have the item returned.

sallyellis

Visit site
I wouldnt refund until she sends it back, if she isnt happy tell her to open a dispute and they will tell her to return the item and then they will refund it.

Finns Mum

Visit site
I would not refund until you have the item back. I am just about to send back a breastplate I bought that doesn't fit, but I don't expect the seller to refund me until he recieves the item back, I think that is only fair!

4leggedfurries

Sunny Somerset - surrounded by bare scorched field
Visit site
No return no refund, we had someone like this a while ago, bought some fancy wine glasses that were in mint condition, he paid quite a lot for them and about a week after he'd received them emailed to say they were all chipped ect and that he wanted a refund. Think he saw that someone else had bought the same off us for a lot less and wasnt happy, but hey that was his problem its an auction, but wouldnt send them back to us for a refund to be given. In the end he kept them as we refused, couldnt be sure he wasnt trying to pull a fast one.

4leggedfurries

Sunny Somerset - surrounded by bare scorched field
Visit site
Depends, i bought a lunge roller a while ago, it wasnt as described so contacted the girl. She understood and promplty told me to send it back, did so got my refund and covered my postage cost too and all sorted within about 3 days. As she'd been honest, helpful and promt i left her good feedback, if she had been arsey about it i probably would have given her negative feed back. Sometimes peoples opinions on condition vary from what yours are, so can cause confusion, but if they dont quibble when your unhappy and refund, then i'd give them good feedback.

jrp204

Visit site
I bought a pikeur 'skarlett' that wasn't, got it sat, returned it monday last wk, 1st class. She says she didn't get it till sat, i have asked for a full refund + my postage, she charged £6.50pp, it cost me £2.66. Still haven't received any money and am now getting really peed off.

lexiedhb

Visit site
Ebay now runs like a shop------ if you bought something online in a normal shop they wouldnt refund you until the item had been returned to them..... same here, you could refund her, and when you get the item back it could be in pieces......