EBay saddle help

ollierdog

Visit site
Hi guys just wondering if any ebayers could help, I bought a saddle from eBay 5 weeks ago I have finally after 5 weeks managed to contact them after asking eBay for there phone details, after more and more phonecalls they have finally got back to me, it wasn't a straight transaction as I had to ask for a postage quote before I could pay. They have finally got back to me saying postage will be £56!!!!! I have posted 2 saddles before and the most was £25 I'm a right in thinking this is over the top? Is there anything I can do about arranging it myself? If so how do a go about it? Thanks to anyone who reads and replys- dealing with something that is ment to be simple has turned out to be a lot of hassle:(

ollierdog

Visit site
Thanks sounds like thats going to be the best route to go down:) can anyone recommend a reliable but no too pricey courrier? Thanks again

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Get your own courier. Won't be that much.

Always get confirmation of things like postage before buying!

Yes they can take into account the time to package and packaging but £56!
Where is it going from and too?

JJones

Visit site
Parcel2go & interparcel are the ones I use. Posting a saddle in a box costs between £6.50 ex vat & £9. (Without insurance which I've never used) they sound nightmare sellers. Would it be easier just to put in a dispute & apply for your money back?

POLLDARK

Visit site
I think it would be worthwhile to put in a dispute with ebay, this often helps a seller see the light of day if they are being unreasonable, Also have a look at their Feedback history as they may be serial offenders. In fact I would never purchase anything without looking at the feedback history & always get the P&P first. Too late now & know.