Edgemere Equestrian

Starzaan

Visit site
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had problems with Edgemere?
I purchased something in September, and was called straight away by a member of staff to let me know that one of my items was out of stock and wouldn’t be back until November. I asked if they would be happy to send the items in November when they came into stock, and they agreed happily.

I have since phoned, emailed and messaged on social media, and nothing. It’s only £25, but I’m getting very irritated now as I could have bought them for half price direct from the supplier and had them in November!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Sorry to hear that you’ve had problems. The physical shop is local to me, and I’ve always found them to be good. I often buy from them by ‘click and collect’ (or did before Covid), now mostly by home delivery.

There’s been an occasional hold up when something‘s been out of stock, but only for a week or two.

ETA When you ring up, ask to speak to Tom, he is the office manager, and I’ve always found him to be friendly and helpful.

Last edited:

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I’ve had exactly the same issue recently. Ordered in early November, got a call from Tom the next morning to say two items wouldn’t be in stock until mid December but that they’d ship everything else that day. Mid-December came and went and no sign of any of my order. Chased again and finally received part 1 a few days before Christmas. Then had an email to say the rest of my order wouldn’t be available until early January. Finally got fed up and chased again last week to be told they were still waiting on 1 item so they were waiting until then to send the remainder of my order out, despite not knowing when the outstanding item would be in stock. In the end I asked for a refund on the delayed item just so I could get the rest of my order.

I get that these things happen sometimes but the lack of communication or misleading communication was shocking and will definitely make me think twice about ordering from them again in the future.

tomedgemere

New User
Visit site
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had problems with Edgemere?
I purchased something in September, and was called straight away by a member of staff to let me know that one of my items was out of stock and wouldn’t be back until November. I asked if they would be happy to send the items in November when they came into stock, and they agreed happily.

I have since phoned, emailed and messaged on social media, and nothing. It’s only £25, but I’m getting very irritated now as I could have bought them for half price direct from the supplier and had them in November!

Hello, I am very sorry to read this. Are you able to ring me on 01948 820720 or email me directly tom@edgemere.co.uk and I will be happy to help you as much as I can. Customer service is very important to us and sadly at the moment our suppliers are struggling with stock deliveries etc. We are trying our very best in these difficult times. Many thanks Tom

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Delighted with Edgemeres customer service. I placed an order and after 10 days, I rang to see when the item would arrive. Felt a bit daft when Tom told me he'd left a voice mail for me, 9 days earlier, saying that the item wasn't in stock and would I like a much more expensive upgrade at no extra cost.
Received the parcel today and really delighted.
Note to self, mustn't ignore voice mail in future.

meleeka

Visit site
I wish their stock on the website was in real time. I ordered something but there was no stock. It would be nice to be able to see that before I placed the order.

black and brown

Visit site
I recently placed an order late one afternoon and received it the next day which I wasn't expecting. I've never had problems with this company and have used them for a few years. However, I do wonder if many companies are experiencing supply problems due to covid and Brexit.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Tom told me he'd left a voice mail for me, 9 days earlier, saying that the item wasn't in stock and would I like a much more expensive upgrade at no extra cost.
I’ve had a free upgrade from Edgemere in the past too, when my chosen fly rug was out of stock. I got a whizzier one for no extra charge.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I ordered two things from Edgemere recently and also got a phone call to say when they would arrive as they didn't have them in stock. I wasn't all that surprised because the rug liner was out of stock everywhere so I think there's a delay at the manufacturer. But I was disappointed about my reins. ? they were available sooner though so I'm really hoping they post those when they get them in... It's good to read that they are usually reliable as it does plant some doubt when you don't get stuff straight away! But I'd check online reviews before ordering and they were pretty much all glowing and the company had responded to any negative ones. So ? for my reins! And ??? for the rug liner, eventually.

Asha

Visit site
They are about 15mins around the corner from me, and can assure everyone they are a well respected local company who have been in business years. I imagine keeping track of stocked items is a challenge especially with the number of SKUs they have. This is one company id have no doubts about at all.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I'm still waiting for a set of reins from Edgemere. Woeful communication since the first phonecall, I've had to ring them several times, they haven't contacted me once and lied about having sent an email when I first got in touch... no such email had reached me. The last phone call I was told that the reins had arrived at the distributor and should be with me within a week. I think that was 3 weeks ago.

Really disappointed now. At least I got my rug liner and one set if reins. But I ordered in February I think. 6 months is pushing even the Brexit/Covid excuse a little far. Especially with no communication effort made on their part.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Possibly. I'm maybe going to phone again tomorrow and see what's what. Part of me just hasn't got the energy to do the conversation again though. I hate phoning people and I hate phoning people to complain/badger even more. I can't remember when I last phoned but from that conversation I did think the arrival of the reins was imminent. It is hardly life or death though.

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
I ordered a prolite pad off their site & had a call 20 minutes later to say it was out of stock & would be a few weeks. I needed it quickly so they refunded me within 24hrs. Despite not having the product off them they were very helpful and efficient. May well be a slip up with you, hopefully you can get it sorted.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
If you can bring yourself to make a call, PF, I do hope that it would be swiftly resolved. They are normally good.

I hate making phone calls, too. Of course, it shouldn't have got to the stage that a phone call from you to chase the item up is needed. I have a very low toleration of cr@ppy service.

Reacher

Visit site
I ordered a prolite pad off their site & had a call 20 minutes later to say it was out of stock & would be a few weeks. I needed it quickly so they refunded me within 24hrs. Despite not having the product off them they were very helpful and efficient. May well be a slip up with you, hopefully you can get it sorted.
What sort of prolite pad? Am guessing you are already sorted but I have a couple I was going to sell

southerncomfort

Visit site

I had the same except I was told it was my fault for not spotting 'call to check availability' that was in tiny writing before ordering. To my mind if something is out of stock the website should say so and not allow the item to be ordered.

The gentleman who called was quite...direct...in his attitude and although I was refunded quickly I probably wouldn't order from them again.

DressageCob

Visit site
I'm shocked at people having negative experiences with Edgemere. I've never had a problem and Tom is super helpful. It's local to me and the physical shop is great, if you're ever in the area. Definitely worth calling them direct.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I found the chap brusque on the phone to be honest. Not massively impolite but talked over me a bit and was just... yeah, brusque. The lassie I spoke to the second phonecall was very nice and explained where my reins were. But I still haven't got them and the impression I got was that they were imminent...

I could, of course, have asked to be refunded at any point. But I don't want a refund. I just want the reins. And to not have to keep phoning to check where they are! They have my number and email address.

I've been pretty patient waiting 6 months I think!

DressageCob

Visit site
I found the chap brusque on the phone to be honest. Not massively impolite but talked over me a bit and was just... yeah, brusque. The lassie I spoke to the second phonecall was very nice and explained where my reins were. But I still haven't got them and the impression I got was that they were imminent...

I could, of course, have asked to be refunded at any point. But I don't want a refund. I just want the reins. And to not have to keep phoning to check where they are! They have my number and email address.

I've been pretty patient waiting 6 months I think!

That's why I'm surprised. I don't doubt your experience, but it's surprising (and disappointing). I hope you manage to get your reins soon.

Tom

New User
Visit site
Possibly. I'm maybe going to phone again tomorrow and see what's what. Part of me just hasn't got the energy to do the conversation again though. I hate phoning people and I hate phoning people to complain/badger even more. I can't remember when I last phoned but from that conversation I did think the arrival of the reins was imminent. It is hardly life or death though.
That's why I'm surprised. I don't doubt your experience, but it's surprising (and disappointing). I hope you manage to get your reins soon.
Hello, I am very sorry to read this. Customer service is very important to us and sadly our suppliers are stil lexperiencing problems. If you would be kind enough to contact myself tom@edgemere.co.uk or by phone on 01948 820720 and I will be happy to look into this for you. If i can be of any help, please do not hesitate to contact me. Many thanks Edgemere

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Just to say Edgemere got in contact after their post on this thread, I didn't answer my phone but I got a long voicemail, and my reins finally arrived today.

However, I will not be ordering from them again.

I ordered from them in the first place because I couldn't find what I wanted in stock anywhere else...and only find out after parting with money that what I was actually doing for all the items was essentially a pre-order with no guaranteed dispatch date. This was not clear prior to placing the order. I was happy to wait a short time and obviously the problems with Brexit and Covid have had an impact. 6 months is still an excessive amount of time but I get it that goods cannot be magicked out of thin air so I do understand. However this experience has put me right off and I will be sticking with ordering from online suppliers where I can be confident I am ordering an item that is in stock, or give me a clear indication of expected delay before I have parted with money.

I am happy to have got my reins though.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I'm glad that you got your reins in the end, PF. It shouldn't have taken that long and a bump on this thread to get it resolved.

I will reiterate, though, that I have always found them to be very good both on line and in the shop, and I've been there lots. I don't know who the brusque man who's been mentioned is, it's very unlikely to be Tom, who IME is always helpful and friendly.

Edgemere, if you are reading this, please take note for your staff - tone on the phone matters!