Eeeek - could we attempt this??

bex1984

Visit site

My friend is trying to convince me to do a mini one day event thingy with Murphy...

It is a walk and trot test (good - we can't do left canter), 2ft SJ then 2ft XC (which is knock down, WH fences).

Murphy is jumping 2ft 6 ish at home (both SJ and logs in the field) and enjoying it, but he can be spooky with jumps he's not familiar with and then he does sometimes refuse.

But I'm tempted to give it a go?? what do you all reckon? worth giving it a go? I think I need a bit of a kick up the backside on this one...
crazy.gif

Hedwards

Visit site
Ahh, i'm doing the newbold verdon one - papping myself, but at the same time really looking forward to it. definitely think you should have a go at the rearsby one though, just have fun and enjoy it!

Is the yard in the photo thing on the left Thorneyfields? - i used to be there (a long time ago though...)

bex1984

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Is the yard in the photo thing on the left Thorneyfields? - i used to be there (a long time ago though...)

[/ QUOTE ]

yes - very well spotted!! I moved from there over a year ago though!

Hedwards

Visit site
i was in those stables too, i moved about 3 years ago - just had a couple of others move from there to my new yard too - small world isnt it!

Have to say Murphy looks very lovely from your sig. would be wrong not to take him out to do the ode! you should do the newbold one too...

tinker512

Visit site
Go for it, the more differet jumps he see's and gets over the better he will become, no point avoiding any jumps he doesn't know!Good luck and enjoy
grin.gif

Hedwards

Visit site
newbold - the course is going to be lovely (i hope) its been a very long time since i've ever done something like this! do you ever come over for the dressage, clear round or combined training?

lilylotus

Visit site
Good luck with it hun, riding is for fun so go and have a go. If you need any Dutch Courage don't have too much. Many years ago I was in the same position so had half a bottle of wine before I went it. Ended in disaster and being told by a policeman on the way home that he should caution me but he let me off *phew*!!

As for preparing. Keep calm, make your lovely hoss look nice and do a bit of practice beforehand!!

Gorgeous George

Visit site
Go girl go!! Great to hear you are having a go, seems to be my motto at the moment 'lets just have a go'! I am sure you and Murphy will do brilliantly. I am trying to pluck up courage to attempt the 2ft 6 clear round jumping this mon - eeeekkkk!