Eeek Home Check Today

HeatherAda

Visit site
after much umming ahhing I have abandoned the idea of getting a puppy from a breeder and we are going down the rescue route instead.

found a beeeautiful little collie who is about 11 weeks old and was dumped at a bottle bank with her sisters. Sisters all gone and she is left waiting for a home. So... we're getting a visit to our house today to check us out, and all being well we can meet her on Sunday with a view to bringing her home. I don't think I could be more excited - well until Sunday when I will be unbearable.

She is so gorgeous. Mostly black with a white chest and 3 white socks. Can't cope with the waiting!
grin.gif

lucylemon

k9-chatterbox-forums.editboard.com
Good Luck!

Its very nerve wracking, isnt it?
and when thats over and done with your so excited that you wonder why you were worrying in the first place
wink.gif
crazy.gif

Well done for getting a rescue, you will be rewarded with a fantastic dog and a huge feeling of pride that you changed not only the dog you adopted's life, but you freed up a rescue space for some other poor hound
smile.gif

and thanks for the lovely PM you sent me
grin.gif

may i ask which website/rescue you are getting her from?

Lucy xx

echodomino

Visit site
Good luck
grin.gif
I'm sure you'll be fine! We will need lots of puppy pictures if all goes well!

Really makes me cross when people dump puppies or put them in rescue. There's a BC rescue called Wiccaweys - a friend had a puppy from there she said they get quite a few in
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well done for getting a rescue, you will be rewarded with a fantastic dog

[/ QUOTE ]

She would have been rewarded with a fantastic dog if she'd gone to a reputable breeder as well

HeatherAda

Visit site
thanks for your comments guys. just got back from the visit and all went well. she checked out our garden, asked a few qs and is going to report back this afternoon... so looks like we can go and meet the little lady on Sunday, and all being well we'll bring her home with us. woohoo!

Lucy, I saw her on www.dogpages.org.uk as prompted by your signature and she is currently in Lizzie's Barn Rescue, South Wales. It's going to be a trek to get her, but will be so worth it. I feel some shopping coming on tomorrow
grin.gif

She came over from Ireland. Apparently, and any Irish people please feel free to correct me if this is incorrect, there have been alot of changes restricting people to certain types of dogs in flats and small houses, and so a lot are being abandoned
frown.gif

lots of pics to follow if we are lucky enough to get her!

lucylemon

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She would have been rewarded with a fantastic dog if she'd gone to a reputable breeder as well

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but i mean not only will you get a fantastic dog, you will have the pride of changing 2 dogs lifes for the better

(it kinda just came out a bit wrong)

Dandelion-
Hehe just a bit of a trek! whilst we were adopting ben, we had about 5/6 trial weekends with him, but we were driving the 2/3 hour rounds trip twice every weekend!
smile.gif
but i was well worth it
smile.gif
grin.gif

HeatherAda

Visit site
nope we're getting Zizi.. although I don't think we'll be keeping the name I'm afraid. She's only lived with it for 2 weeks though so should be fine to change it.
I'm in love already...

Zizi1.jpg

Fifi has already gone to her new home.

lucylemon

[ QUOTE ]
nope we're getting Zizi.. although I don't think we'll be keeping the name I'm afraid. She's only lived with it for 2 weeks though so should be fine to change it.
I'm in love already...

Zizi1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

aww! She looks gorgous!

echodomino

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but i mean not only will you get a fantastic dog, you will have the pride of changing 2 dogs lifes for the better

(it kinda just came out a bit wrong)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I see what you mean now
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in love already...

Zizi1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

She's gorgeous, bet you're sooo excited!