Eggs!

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
One of the young girls is finishing off someone elses horse this week, as the person that usually does it is on holiday. When she does the horses night feed, she has mix an egg into the feed. Has anyone any idea why or know anyone else that does this?

abb123

Visit site
I've heard of it before esp with racehorses? think it has something to do with extra protein..although don't think its a particularly good idea myself

Hemirjtm

Visit site
I have done it a few times
tongue.gif

I think it's like when you mix one in a dogs dinner it helps the coat - like oil!

I could be wrong though!!

alicep

Visit site
erm thats odd?! i mean where in nature would wild horses find eggs?? lol although i can understand if its for protein. can horses get salmonella [sp]

D

Donkeymad

Yes, I've heard of it before, surprised anyone does it anymore though. Surely it's not natural? But then, neither are a lot of feeds.

pixiebee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
ThaéanAlice, it does make me think though where in the wild would a horse get soya oil and ready soaked sugar beet?!

[/ QUOTE ]

but where in the wild would a horse showjump or do dressage moves??? they need what we give due to the demands we put on them. if all horses were wild then yes it would be strange for them to see soaked sugarbeet!!

izzyxxx

Visit site
because horses have been domesticated they have presures and strains put on them that they wouldn't in the wild as well as stableing and different eating habits so they cant get the vits and minerals that they may be able to find in the wild, obviously thats just my opinion