Eglinton - Graig Anderson rotational fall.............

punk

Visit site
Anyone know how he is?

I gather it was a really nasty rotational fall in the Advanced class, and that he has a broken leg - which could have been a lot worse, as the horse was completely winded and didn't get off him.

Maybe have it wrong, but just what I heard from friends who saw it.

Feel very sorry for him at this time - presumably very sore, but happy that it wasn't worse - but must be dire to face no eventing for a while when you are riding professionally.

If you are reading Craig - speedy recovery!!!
grin.gif
smile.gif

redroses

New User
Visit site
Thanks for replying, everyone. It appears we have a decent cross-section of people here and a lot of well thought-out discussion.

**Link removed by HHO Admin**

punk

Visit site
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Haven't opened that web address, as not sure what you are talking about? Is it relevant to rotationals or something?

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Les Smith mentioned Craig's fall to me yesterday and he thought the leg brake had happened while he was mid-air, rather than on impact.

All sounds horrendously painful. Hope Craig makes a full recovery.

Joss

Visit site
Yes, poor Craig. I do hope he is ok. He is a tough cookie though. I spent an hour or so at XC start at Hendersyde a couple of years ago when he smashed his wrist.

Lots of quick healing vibes for him (((((()))))))))))

AnShanDan

Visit site
My son was walking towards the fence when Craig fell. He said the horse seemed to take off over the last element of the comb. at the end of the advanced, where it goes back over the stream, and that the horse sort of stopped jumping and fell backwards onto the rider.
He thought that the horse had had a heart attack and that was why it fell and then collapsed. But after about 3 mins it jumped up. So not sure at all what happened or why.
Anyway, thank goodness if it is just a broken leg. Very painful tho'.