EHOA membership

star

Visit site
Really quick question - is it worth it? Am interested in booking onto one, (possibly 2 max) of the courses they have organised which will cost me £20 extra as a non-member. Concerned I might not get a place on the course I want as they give priority to members. Membership is £22.50. I dont need any extra costs (see other thread lol!) but I would really like to go on the courses.

Gamebird

Visit site
Really quick question - is it worth it? Am interested in booking onto one, (possibly 2 max) of the courses they have organised which will cost me £20 extra as a non-member. Concerned I might not get a place on the course I want as they give priority to members. Membership is £22.50. I dont need any extra costs (see other thread lol!) but I would really like to go on the courses.

If the difference is £2.50, and you get priority booking surely it's worthwhile as the membership is only costing you £2.50?

Plus you may end up on other courses - all this self-improvement can get a bit addictive ;)

Apart from that and the shopping discounts (which I never remember to use :eek:) the hospitality tents at the big events are good.

Tanta

Visit site
I really recommend it if you visit any of the big events - they have a lovely marquee at Burghley (great lunches) - with free tea/coffee all day - whcih is worth quite a bit in itself, and a smaller marquee at Badminton. Also last year they had one at Gatcombe and were doing a simple bread/cheese lunch for donations only - so again, great value. And it is a warm, friendly place to retreat to at events, with screens of the action. So even if you just use it for that, it can be well worth the money. You can usually take a friend in to the marquee on a day ticket.

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
I joined last year and made my membership back in one go, just by doing one of the two day courses, i also got a £10 EHOA voucher for further training and have used the hospitality marquees at Gatcombe & Burghley. I can't remember all the discounts either, but there are vouchers for insurance and a lot of 10% off's. I would highly recommend for the training alone and such friendly people, the discounts/marquees etc are a bonus ;-)