Eileen Douglas Rugs

Leo Walker

Visit site
Anyone have one of these?

Rug

I am thinking of getting one as a spare now the pony is out 24/7. It would be handy to have a spare set of liners for when one is in the wash as well These seem very cheap! The whole thing is less than the cost of the two liners for other makes. No idea what the fit is like though. Mine has big shoulders and is very wide across the chest for such a midget, so rugs are a tricky fit.

indie1282

Visit site
No I don't have one but i have looked at them before. They are cheap for a turnout and 2 liners!

I would be interested to know what they are like.

Visit site
I have a fleece made by them and the neck hole is HUGE! As in it was round my shetlands knees and half way along his spine! And no! I didn't put him in a 7ft rug! He is a 5ft in every single other make not a problem but this 5ft rug could have fitted a shire round the front!

Leo Walker

Visit site
Oooh thats exactly what I need! Shes a LW cob but shes got a front like a bulldog. Really wide and deep, but the rest of her is a normal cobby pony size. I think I'm just going to order one and see when it arrives.

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
I had a EDT lightweight rug a few years ago and it definitely wasn't waterproof so I went back to Horseware ones. They may have improved since then and are probably worth trying as a spare. The fit was fine on a cob-cross with big shoulders.

Esme

www.facebook.com
I also had a HUGE neck hole fleece! Wouldn't recommend for a TB-type (though he isn't especially narrow) but could be just right for you then!

ImmyS

Visit site
One of the liveries here bought one the other day. Saw it today when she brought him in for the night. I was quite impressed with it, was a really neat fit on him, he’s a Welsh D, a slightly finer sporty type but fairly broad in the chest. He had it on just as a rain sheet today so can’t comment on the liners but, we’ve had some pretty heavy showers, hail and sleet and he was bone dry underneath.

Shady

Visit site
They also have a John Whittaker no fill for £29, I have a £200 Whittaker rug it's a really nice rug would definitely buy them again.
Iv'e got the 100g and no fill and they are really nice and for the money, excellent quality unless field mates are biters, material is not very robust but IS waterproof. The size is generous too, i go between 5.6 and 5.9 so got both as they were so cheap at Hope Valley but the 5.9 is massive and neck very big, could be worth a go LW.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I managed to bag myself a Rambo Optimo on ebay. That was what I was really hankering after but I couldnt bring myself to spend £400. I managed to get one in good condition, washed and reproofed for pretty much the cost of the ED rug, so I'm happy. If this doesnt fit then I am giving up!

Leo Walker

Visit site
I've had John Whittaker rugs before and find them a bit hit and miss. I've got a stable rug thats a gorgeous yellow and blue colour but its never fitted anything ever for some reason!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Iv'e got the 100g and no fill and they are really nice and for the money, excellent quality unless field mates are biters, material is not very robust but IS waterproof. The size is generous too, i go between 5.6 and 5.9 so got both as they were so cheap at Hope Valley but the 5.9 is massive and neck very big, could be worth a go LW.

I got mine from hope valley as well! It was for Louis last year it's got a detachable neck as well and was only £54

wills_91

Visit site
I bought this exact rug winter 2017 - it was fab and it was my preferred rug. Used it from October to Feb when it died a horrible death - Ori got a fright and took off when I only had the chest straps done, rug slipped round and she trampled right through it 😏. I had planned on buying her 2 this year but she is sadly no longer with me.

Auslander

Visit site
We have two of the lightweight combo's from ED here, which look like the same material as the top rug in your link. Very lightweight, but seem to be well made, and they have been waterproof through some pretty heavy downpours. I'm impressed with them so far. This guy has a broad chest, and big shoulders, and he has plenty of room in his.
1540799733048.png