Elands 90 Help ... BROKEN BRIDGE

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
I have jumped 90 most places ( src mkec bisselwood aston ) now and even done 2 100 hunter trials but elands 90 seems to be the worst help really not sure about the big skinny (which I fell off at last year end of season first time he has ever stopped and i think it was boggy conditions before fence more than the fence) and then leading on to the broken bridge which the look of it scares me to death I didnt get this far in my attempt last year my horse is bold as brass xc but does tend to sj things up and over rather long and flat which is how everyone has advised me to jump it.... is it as bad as it looks ??

Fence 3 is horrible enough but i think i can cope with that and the others, mainly the broken bridge i am worried about have i over thought it and its not that bad or do i just not compete there as dont really want to drop down to 80 and its a shame such A NICE VENUE..
The two years i did 80`s there this fence wasnt in now i want todo 90/100 its in big sad face :(

dilmil123

Visit site
I have to agree Fence 3 is horrible!! With regards the broken bridge, I think this is more a rider frightener than anything else, it actually rides really well. Are you close enough to have a school around the course at some point?

naza

Visit site
am looking on shoestring eventing and cant actually see the jumps you're mentioning :? but agree that it does look like an up to height venue

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
I have to agree Fence 3 is horrible!! With regards the broken bridge, I think this is more a rider frightener than anything else, it actually rides really well. Are you close enough to have a school around the course at some point?

i MUST GO SCHOOL THERE BUT EVEN HATE THOUGHT OF THAT NOW LAST YEAR I WAS LIKE BALLS LETS GO HIS READY HE HAS DINE A 100 BUT REALLY THE WEATHER LET ME DOWN .. AND NOW IM SCARED LOL X

naza

Visit site
Was looking at the broken at the broken bridge jump thinking, 'err looks pretty straight forward.. then i saw the other side!! :D dont worry i think it is just a rider frighten-er, dont worry horse will just fly it!
RE the skinny, you need to set up properly and be straight, i had my first ever refusal with my at Dauntsey the other weekend over a skinny house as i didnt set him up, then i cam around around again and he flew it. horsey won't remember it from last year so just ride it like any over jump/skinny fence :)

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
Was looking at the broken at the broken bridge jump thinking, 'err looks pretty straight forward.. then i saw the other side!! :D dont worry i think it is just a rider frighten-er, dont worry horse will just fly it!
RE the skinny, you need to set up properly and be straight, i had my first ever refusal with my at Dauntsey the other weekend over a skinny house as i didnt set him up, then i cam around around again and he flew it. horsey won't remember it from last year so just ride it like any over jump/skinny fence :)[/QUOTE

Thank you I did the 90 at src last weekend and he flew the skinnies they are alot skinnier but not as meaty lol yes i am going to set him up and ride like i mean it at skinny and maybe hold onto my neck strap at bridge as i think my horse will think the same as you of thats easy arrrggghhh wheres my landing !!! long as he doesnt rodeo on landing which he has done at fence 3 before because of the shock but im thinking he will have settled by this point in the course or hoping lol :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
ps, Talk it down in your head...
Its a 90 fence, it can't be bigger than that, however it looks....
Its been on the course for years....
Thousands of people have jumped it no problem...

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Look at the fence logically.
1) Its an ascending fence. This is the simplest fence for both horse and rider.
2) The landing is only around 18" lower than the takeoff. Would an 18" drop really worry you.
So in reality you have you have the most inviting fence for a horse to jump with a huge 18" drop. Kick on and enjoy

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
That video is like something out of the Blair Witch film!

Stop focusing on it, warm up well, get him forward, and just ride it. You'll be fine. If you spend the next few days googling and worrying you'll be a nervous wreck. (A baileys coffee works for me before XC sometimes!).

Gosh ive been worrying about it since sept god knows why x

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
2) The landing is only around 18" lower than the takeoff. Would an 18" drop really worry you.
So in reality you have you have the most inviting fence for a horse to jump with a huge 18" drop. Kick on and enjoy

You are both right thank you love the facts and actually did few huge drops and somerford park it must be nothing compared to that !!!

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site

you sure it wont feel like a 18inch plus 90cm drop and you come down from jumping over so a 53inch/ 134cm drop arrgggghhh what am i doing to myself!

PaddyMonty

Visit site
you sure it wont feel like a 18inch plus 90cm drop and you come down from jumping over so a 53inch/ 134cm drop arrgggghhh what am i doing to myself!
Yes I'm SURE, really SURE, really really SURE!!!!!!!!!
If you were as old as me you would remember the true broken (unfinished) bridges that used to be in BE courses. The one that really sticks in my mind was at MKEC (when frank used to own it) The takoff was a pure upright around 90cm, the landing as around 1.20mtr lower but if you didn't jump out you ending up dropping in to the ditch on landing side which was around 1.50cm deep.
No chance of that happening on the fence we are discussing as the landing side is flat under the fence.

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
Yes I'm SURE, really SURE, really really SURE!!!!!!!!!
If you were as old as me you would remember the true broken (unfinished) bridges that used to be in BE courses. The one that really sticks in my mind was at MKEC (when frank used to own it) The takoff was a pure upright around 90cm, the landing as around 1.20mtr lower but if you didn't jump out you ending up dropping in to the ditch on landing side which was around 1.50cm deep.
No chance of that happening on the fence we are discussing as the landing side is flat under the fence.

WOW maybe i should think myself lucky then :)

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Honestly it's a lovely fence to jump, I love fence three as well, they cause problems for the riders, not the horses! With the broken bridge, you can always trot it if you're worried, but by the time they get there, they've jumped around most of the course and they're having a blast.

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
Honestly it's a lovely fence to jump, I love fence three as well, they cause problems for the riders, not the horses! With the broken bridge, you can always trot it if you're worried, but by the time they get there, they've jumped around most of the course and they're having a blast.

You love fence 3 haha your mad no that is defo how i should look at it i am normally very confident but i have defo knocked my confidence on this course but i dont my horse has like you say if i need to trot i always can :) xx thanks

Gamebird

Visit site
If you don't like it then don't do it. Simple. Go someplace else.

And I don't mean to sound rude but your posts are extremely hard to decipher without any punctuation.

Last edited: