Elecric fencing Posts & reels etc

Tigertrot

Visit site
Hello
any suggestions for reasonably priced posts please? Im wondering if to invest in a couple of reels and some metal posts (not pigtails) to hang from
anyone use metal posts and if so are they safe for horses
i already use electric fencing, this is internal fencing only
thank you

teacups

Visit site
I found Screwfix good for posts.

Also have some metal ones which are good for corners e.g. - they were from Voss. Had a lot of problems with delivery from them though.

I remember someone on here recommended a triple reel set and wish I had bought that as I think it would have saved a lot of time.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I just get everything straight from Gallagher.
I would personally not use all metal posts for horses the risk of them staking them selves is too high .

Goldenstar

Visit site

honetpot

Visit site
I have round wooden post, which cost a fortune, and cost a fortune to put in, and then I have Clipex, and I actually think the wood is more dangerous, as it can break and splinter. I have been using Clipex for about seven years, and I have had no breakages, and no injuries.
If you use it with stock wire of course there is an extra risk, but mine is strung with white electric wire, offset, and they stay well away.

Nasicus

Visit site
I like the metal reel posts for corners, gateways, ends etc. You can get various bolt on insulators, and they're easy to move about as needed.
Bottom of the page here: https://www.ukcountrystore.co.uk/acatalog/Electric-Fence-Posts.html
Can also get them from Voss (who interestingly I've never had a delivery issue with, even when returning and exchanging a non-working energizer!), and Mole Valley sell them too.

Tigertrot

Visit site
I like the metal reel posts for corners, gateways, ends etc. You can get various bolt on insulators, and they're easy to move about as needed.
Bottom of the page here: https://www.ukcountrystore.co.uk/acatalog/Electric-Fence-Posts.html
Can also get them from Voss (who interestingly I've never had a delivery issue with, even when returning and exchanging a non-working energizer!), and Mole Valley sell them too.

thank you
Voss products where fine just very very slow delivery

windand rain

Visit site
I use uk country store too everything is excellent value and good quality and for about a pound extra comes next day. the delivery has only ever been3 days from order

jnb

Visit site
I use Agri-Supply or Farmcare UK, ext day delivery for as much as you want for £6.95. I have had some of their 4ft posts for over 12 years.
I buy the reels from them too as tangled fencing gives me the ick.
I once got in 3 paddocks worth of 3 strands of tape in and out of the farmer's way so he could harrow, in my lunch hour including 10 min drive each way. you'd never do that without decent reels!
I use these type but off Ebay

https://www.farmcareuk.com/geared-real-31-ratio-for-up-to-500m-sale.html