electric fence - how do you prevent it getting stolen?

moocow

Visit site
As it says - rentng some land but it has WAY to much grass in it so am going to fence off an area but not sure how to prevent someone just going into the field and lifting my electric fence (am worried about the unit BTW). Is there anything you can get thats a secure box or something you can lock?

Tnavas

Visit site
Wooden box with lockable lid with hole to allow wires out. Staple strong chain around box and then padlock to fence - place it so that the lock on the box is against the fence post.
SecureBatteryFence.jpg

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
There are secure boxes on the market that will hold your energiser & are actually wired to the energiser so anyone attacking the box gets a shock. These however are very expensive. Cheapest way put your energiser & battery in a padlocked steel ammunition chest & then secure the box to a tree or post with a chain & padlock. I used this method following several energisers being stolen from our yard a couple of years ago. Remember to keep the padlock oiled so it doesn't rust up.
Don't use a wooden box, they aren't strong enough.

Banjo

Visit site
well mine was padlocked to the fence and the bastards cut the fence and post and took the engeriser and the battery too. It was post coded too. Still didn't stop them.