Electric fencing booster device?

{108361}

Visit site
The fencing where I keep my horse is into the mains but not sufficient and I need to divide my paddock. I heard about a sort of booster device for electric fencing but can't remember for the life of me what its called......

Has anyone heard of this or know of anything I can use to boost it to stop my greedy mare pushing through?

Reactions: DD

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
The fencing booster you are thinking off is a more powerful energiser! As PeterNatt says above you may find that your earth is not working well. If you rectify that the output of your energiser may improve.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Strim the fence line, remove any branches resting on the rope/tape and test the fence at intervals. If it's not an earthing issue, it may be that a section just needs a 'bypass', due to the wire threads being broken. Check the limit for the energiser. It may say 2 km, but that's at optimum performance with not so much as a blade of grass touching and that distance is soon achieved if you have two strands going around one or more paddocks!

pippixox

Visit site
as other said- check the earth- a mains supply should be the best option as no risk of battery running out.
But I found with a strong energiser and a fresh battery the power was only really good when I got a longer earthing stick and dampened the ground I put it in to conduct better. finally kept pony in (along with more strands of tape!)

Pc2003

Visit site
I absolutely love the solar power ones. Someone on here recommend them to me. I have one for each strand to make sure it’s absolutely pinging! They’ve been a life saver for me as mine always seemed to know when the mains was off or weak

meleeka

Visit site
Firstly. Check the power of your energiser. Then buy a proper fence tester and find out where you are losing power. It could be breaks in the tape or the earth stake (should be 1m) or any joins . You can putoe earth stakes in at intervals but I haven’t tried that.