Electric Fencing energiser leads - help please!!

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
One of the wires on my energiser (the one that leads from the unit to the tape) has snapped in the middle - does anyone know where I can obtain a new one??

I've been to our local country store place and they don't have any. The unit is fairly old (but I could do without shelling out another £100 for a new one right now....)

Thank you
smile.gif

OWLIE185

Visit site
Just go to B & Q and buy an electrical connector block. Strip each end of the two broken wires and reconnect to the block. The blocks come in strips of about 10 and are an opaque plastic in colour with two screws on each one. You will just need one of them. Keep the rest for spares.

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
SNAP!!!
i'm in the same situation! the guy at a farm store called the manufacturers etc and the result - didnt get any! they did do the ones that go from the battery to the energiser if anyone needs any of them.

louise4208

Visit site
where in scotland are you? Central saddlery have a really good range, as do Russell's in larbert. I got mine there and they are very easy to fit.

SpruceRI

Visit site
I cut the plastic round the edges of the broken wire filaments, twist it back together and then wrap in electrical tape and reuse. or you can buy new connectors with the crocodile clip on them from your local feed store? Or I can from mine. They're about £2.50.

Some critter in the field keeps chewing mine....must have no sense no feeling or enjoy the zap!!