Electric fencing help....😩

Zaps

Visit site
Not horse..... but goat related.
The little toads have repeatedly escsped to the church next door....... we’ve bought a mass of electric fencing etc to pen them in.

My partner seems to think we can put jump leads on a car battery and out the leads straight to the fence without the need for an energiser?!

Please someone tell me he’s wrong?

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Have you tried keeping them in with electric fencing before? The goats here just laugh at electric fences.

jbless

Visit site
My partner seems to think we can put jump leads on a car battery and out the leads straight to the fence without the need for an energiser?!
Of course, you can, you would get 12v. The only way they would notice would be as a mild tingling if they put their tongue on it. The energiser converts the standard 12V from the battery into pulses of several thousand volts (low current so it doesn't kill). Just like a shock you get from static electricity, not pleasant, but non-lethal

maisie06

Visit site
Not horse..... but goat related.
The little toads have repeatedly escsped to the church next door....... we’ve bought a mass of electric fencing etc to pen them in.

Please someone tell me he’s wrong?
He's wrong...Also if they don't have any horns I would have them behind sheep netting...

Bob notacob

Visit site
Goats are a lot cleverer than horses .The slightest fault in your fence and you will have 50 goats pruning the rosebushes down an entire street ! No . Honest !There not my goats! Oh Buggewr they are all coming over to me now . Runs away !