Electric wheelbarrows - anyone got one?

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Who remembers The Good Life, didnt they build something from bits of old lawnmower/tractor!! Im so tempted but they are very pricey, I poo pick into bags and collect them all up outside my field in a little wooden trailer. Then once a week we tow it back to the yard with our pickup, only issue is when the ground is really wet as the YO, understandably, doesnt want us making too much mess across her front paddock

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Who remembers The Good Life, didnt they build something from bits of old lawnmower/tractor!! Im so tempted but they are very pricey, I poo pick into bags and collect them all up outside my field in a little wooden trailer. Then once a week we tow it back to the yard with our pickup, only issue is when the ground is really wet as the YO, understandably, doesnt want us making too much mess across her front paddock

I remember it :D Just had a google to see if I could find the episode but no joy.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Wot, no seat!

I'm thinking something like this would do nicely :D

k037.gif

canteron

Visit site
So how is you electric wheel barrow? I really wanted a Makita as well - but the males of the household got very into the whole idea ..... and now we have a muck truck, which admittedly can hold 3 wheelbarrows worth of poo, is totally intrepid but is a totally different beast. Love to know how you are doing!!

Marigold4

Visit site
I really like it. It's slower than I thought it would be but I can get more in the barrow so it probably takes about the same time. Definitely helping with my shoulders and neck pain as no pushing or lifting and you stand up straight when walking along not stooping. A bit tricky at first to get the hang of tipping the muck out but that's easy now. Headlights are pretty bright so I think I will be able to poo pick in the dark in the depths of winter. It's pretty strong - we used it the other day to move some massive wooden beams and it coped really with that. Yes it get's a thumbs up from me!

Visit site
I had o ne up till last year! Had it for about 10 years. Very useful, but if you have very sloping fields not so good as it cant cope.
I sold mine for about £60 in the end as I was having to give up horses and had no where at home to store it. Initially cost me £500.
Mine was the Sherpa, you just have to remember to keep battery charged if you are not using it for some time