Electrolytes

Leo Walker

Visit site
Glad mine isn't the only one - she won't touch anything that has even been near a vit/min supplement, but goes potty for salted feed

The agrobs alpen mash is very appetizing without being full of rubbish LW if you wanted to try a different feed to put it in.

Tried it! Well its the Agrobs stuff but under a different brand name. She gets a big handful in with her feed but clearly not enough. This all started with me trying to change her on to a hay and straw chop thinking about it. its got mint in it and smells lovely but its not good enough. I didnt take the other stuff away, just added this to bulk it up. It was fine for the 5kg trial bag, bought a full size one and toys were thrown out of the pram big time. I dont even know why! So looks like mint wont work either. Blumming horses!!

Leo Walker

Visit site
Lol, isn't she supposed to be a cob? How did you manage to find a fussy one

God knows! I've removed the chaff from her feed and shes back to eating it, salt included. I dont know what the issue is with the chaff, other horses are happy to eat it, but she has decided its poison. If anyone would like a pretty much full £16 back of chaff let me know! :mad:

Griffin

Visit site
My mare is a chubby fusspot too, very frustrating! On a day to day basis, I give her Simple Systems Summer Salt but on sweaty days, she has Hack Up electrolytes. Apparently, it is orange flavoured and she loves it! I mix it into her feed.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I'm afraid I wont touch Hack Up stuff on principle. I just had a look at the simple systems summer salt and its just salt, so I'm better off sticking to the 15p supermarket stuff :)