Eleven months is too long! Whose foal is first?!

Kacey88

Visit site
I am so excited about my foal next year and seeing everyone else's that I would love to know who is expecting one first?

And how are our mare's looking? Mine has a small, neat bump even though she is certainly not a maiden! And I can see "Blobby" (has stuck since the first scan) kicking around a lot. She is due in and around 5th April.

Anyone expecting sleepless nights in two/three months time?

logical decision

Visit site
I totally agree, 11 months seem to go on forever!! Mine is due April 20th, and it feels like my mare has been in foal forever. She is alot more feisty than she use to be but very happy. Named the blob 'piglet' because it looked like one in its scan!

Kacey88

Visit site
Oh great, they are close enough then! Mine is in great form too. Is your mare big and what are you feeding her? I might send you a pic of mine to compare :)

logical decision

Visit site
She is pretty full of herself. She is quite big... not massive - still able to get all four feet off the ground!!!! Would love to see a pic.
She is living out with a hay top up and at the moment just a normal feed with balancer. I use Pure Feed and will move her onto their Stud feed at the end of December. What are you feeding?

DuckToller

Visit site
Mine's not due until June 21st I think, and I am ashamed to say I haven't seen her since she took!

She went away to stud and I saw her there once, but once scanned in foal she was put out to graze further away and I haven't had the chance to go up, but I know she is doing well (the bills seem to suggest so!).

Might be picking her up the end of the month so will take a photo.

Kacey88

Visit site
Living out during the day and in at night with loads of hay. She gets a stud balancer too and linseed. I don't think mine will need a big stud feed to be honest, she's half Irish Draught/half cob. I think I might give her oats if she goes downhill, can't imagine that happening though! Although we may have a bad winter and another late spring so that might change. Here's to hoping for a nice spring so the babies are born into mild weather with plenty of grass! Sent you a pic :)

JVB

Visit site
I have to wait till 31st May, she's getting fat but that is mostly down to good haylage and less work, her girth has gone from being on the third hole each side to being on the first hole each side! It's also the first year she's never been clipped so is getting pretty hairy too!

She is much more calm now, really chilled out, even lets me pull her mane which I've never been able to do before, and she's doing some lovely work ridden, typical as we're not competing!

I've already named the foal but keeping it very secret so as not to jinx it, it's currently just called 'the baby'

Kacey88

Visit site
At least you know it should be warm, JVB!

I've already named the foal but keeping it very secret so as not to jinx it, it's currently just called 'the baby'

I have a few name ideas for my foal, but there are so many colour possibilities with the pairing I thought I might as well wait and see what comes out! Do you know the sex of the foal? Wish I did :)

Rollin

Visit site
My Olympic Showjumper (ShGxCB) is due first week of April. My son has decided to get married that week - God aren't these kids inconsiderate?

JVB I have a name too but keeping it a secret, like you.

paullam9

Visit site
Well my little frogie blob is due on the 4th May and I can't wait.

Rosie is so fat that I've had to change into my stud gaurd as it's the only thing that fits her. Lol. 😃 I to have my stable names for boy and girl and have gotten so bored with waiting that I've started playing with passport names. Yes I am actually that sad. I don't no how to put pics up on this but you can look in my fb if you's want I'm always putting them up lol. Paulla Mckerr if you's are wanting a looks xx

dianchi

Visit site
So glad that im not in the waiting game again, I hated it! 11 months feels like forever!

Then once the fun and excitement wears off you start counting to 3............................. (this really is like FOREVER!)

All worth it tho!

Rollin

Visit site
Yeah!! Bin there got the T-shirt. It all sound so exciting till you are on foal watch, red eyes propped up by matchsticks.

It arrives, is it OK? will it feed? Are the legs straight? Does it need a rug? Should we turn out or leave in?

Oh the trauma of being a new mum.

Kacey88

Visit site
Yes I am actually that sad.

Eh you don't need to explain yourself to me! I'm just as bad! I nearly have my foaling kit ready!

And Rollin my little chap (convinced he's a he) has "tough cookie" breeding, so at the very least I shouldn't HAVE to worry about rugs/him being cold. But I am sure there will be plenty more to worry about!

I know three broodmares this year including my own, and mine has the smallest bump (and is the furthest along) but my god is the foal active.

I am so excited and I'll drive everyone mad with pictures of my little one as soon as he arrives. Sorry in advance...

Eventergirl87, so close to my mare! I need a picture! :)

Tinks81

Visit site
mine isnt due till 14th July but is very special !!

We did an Embryo transfer using my mare Phoenix (Balou du Rouet x Elton) and the Sire is - Don VHP (Brendon Stud)

I still have 8 months to go !!!!!!

Kacey88

Visit site
Omg yours is tiny compared to Rosie lol. Mines ment to be a maiden mare but me thinks not with the size of her lol. Who did you put your mare to. She's a real cutie btw x

And she's had at least one foal before too! I put her to the RID Hillviewfarm Superstar. She isn't exactly petite, maybe my foal has more space to hide in! Have you felt much movement? Mine never stops jumping around. Saw what looked like a leg at the weekend!

JVB

Visit site
So when can you start to feel the foal moving? that sounds amazing! I really don't think mine is showing at all yet... just porky.

She's also due to have the first of 3 equine herpes vaccs at the end of this month - anyone else doing this?

Kacey88

Visit site
So when can you start to feel the foal moving? that sounds amazing! I really don't think mine is showing at all yet... just porky.

She's also due to have the first of 3 equine herpes vaccs at the end of this month - anyone else doing this?

I've been feeling mine since 5/6 months, now I can see it! Vaccinate at 5, 7 and 9 months for equine herpes. :)

paullam9

Visit site
And she's had at least one foal before too! I put her to the RID Hillviewfarm Superstar. She isn't exactly petite, maybe my foal has more space to hide in! Have you felt much movement? Mine never stops jumping around. Saw what looked like a leg at the weekend!

Oh that sound like a good mix lol. No not felt or seen any movement 😞

People kept any Rosie was just porky but now they say are you sure it's not twins lol. I was told by the stud to do it. Called vet he said would be really no point but I could if I wanted to and thank god I did. There has been a case in my area at the start of the week so I'm glad I did. After a call to the vets they informed me that if Rosie got her injection from gb she wouldn't be covered till well after her second jag but luckily her batch came from Spain so she was covered by it a week later. Thank god 😄

eventergirl87

Visit site
I am so excited and I'll drive everyone mad with pictures of my little one as soon as he arrives. Sorry in advance...

Eventergirl87, so close to my mare! I need a picture! :)

Don't worry you won't be the only one with loaaaads of pics! I've not got any bits of a foaling kit ready yet.... I think my mum would go mad lol!! Are you getting a cam? I'm a bit stumped there....

My girl about 2 weeks ago

1382104_10151985035396271_1862192078_n.jpg

This 'should' be a video of a little bit of moving well.... what I think is moving lol! (mainly at end you see dip away)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152033901181271&set=vb.512446270&type=2&theater

TheMule

Visit site
Mine is due beginning of May. I'm terrified something will go wrong and haven't yet decided on a foaling plan with regards to the best location for it- she lives out so would prefer it to stay that way but I need to find a way of riggin up floodlights in case of a late night arrival.....

Kacey88

Visit site
Eventergirl, that is so cool, Milly went from that to proper bits sticking out! Your girl is definitely bigger than mine.

TheMule, what kind of foalie have you cooking? At least its not too early so the weather will probably not be too bad :)

It will be great to compare notes leading up to them foaling :)

JVB

Visit site
Mine is due beginning of May. I'm terrified something will go wrong and haven't yet decided on a foaling plan with regards to the best location for it- she lives out so would prefer it to stay that way but I need to find a way of riggin up floodlights in case of a late night arrival.....

Ditto this, I'm sending her back to stud so I hopefully won't worry as much... can see it being a tense few weeks though