Elico memory foam girths

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
DP really needs a new girth as his is getting very tatty and I worry about the elasticated ends giving way. His current one is a narrowish no name which looks very similar to the Dever and as it fits so well I really wanted to replace it like for like but I can't find one anywhere. In an attempt to replace it I have already tried Stubben, Shires, Pro Choice and Dever but none of them fit him as well as old faithful does and he is very good at letting me know if he is uncomfortable.

This morning I was in my local tack shop and saw an Elico memory foam girth which shape wise looks very similar to his but I can't find any reviews on them and I don't want to make anymore expensive girth buying mistakes.

Does anyone here use one? I am looking for any information good or bad so I can either try one or rule them out, many thanks.

wiglet

Visit site
I have one for my gp saddle. I bought it because I wanted something soft against my mares sensitive skin.
It's a nice girth, the gel is soft but quite firm when I fasten it up but when I take it off, the heat of her body has made it lovely and soft/squidgy!
The only thing I'm not sure about it how to clean it.... I don't think it will be machine washable and although I could sponge it, I'm not sure that will get it clean enough?
I may have to contact them and find out!
Overall it's a lovely girth though.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Thank you wiglet, that is really helpful. I am going to take his old girth and lay it against the Elico to make sure it isn't to wide but given that you are so positive about it I think I will be getting one.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I'm a great memory foam fan but I'm really unconvinced about using it as a girth, but perhaps that is because I have a hot horse? That is because of it's inclination to soften so much when warm, so after 30 minutes riding I wonder how much protective padding is actually left.