Elmwood equestrian- ground

Michen

Visit site
Has anyone had much experience with the ground there? I messaged them and they said it was getting on the firm side but they were hoping to aerovate the XC. Is it ever rutted/is their good grass coverage?

Am fully expecting to withdraw but thought some of you may know the place better than me.

I think a beach ride may be in order instead!

Carlosmum

Visit site
Grass coverage is good, must admit haven't walked the ground but it is always maintained and it looked as though they were aerovating the other day. We are just up the road & ground is getting harder however we have done nothing to our grass!!

{97702}

Visit site
That’s interesting Michen, I hadn’t realised the ground was getting so hard there! Sounds like my plans for the weekend might be altering :(

Michen

Visit site
Lévrier;13775275 said:
That’s interesting Michen, I hadn’t realised the ground was getting so hard there! Sounds like my plans for the weekend might be altering :(

It’s rock hard in Norh hants. I would be less concerned if it was more hilly. My horse went to Millfield at the weekend and it was very good going but another week of sun and I think it would have been too firm.

I may be wrong though and it might be fine!! Going to try and walk course on Friday and see.

Last edited:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Has anyone had much experience with the ground there? I messaged them and they said it was getting on the firm side but they were hoping to aerovate the XC. Is it ever rutted/is their good grass coverage?

Am fully expecting to withdraw but thought some of you may know the place better than me.

I think a beach ride may be in order instead!

This was the yard where the arson was wasn't it - poor ponies and pussy cat.

{97702}

Visit site
I’ve just checked the criteria Michen and we’ve missed the deadline? So will forfeit our entry fee if we withdraw - I was thinking about it after my accident yesterday, I’m bruised stiff and sore all over

Michen

Visit site
Lévrier;13775425 said:
I’ve just checked the criteria Michen and we’ve missed the deadline? So will forfeit our entry fee if we withdraw - I was thinking about it after my accident yesterday, I’m bruised stiff and sore all over

Yep, no refunds but I’d rather lose a £50 entry than run if it is too hard. Will assess Friday.