Elton Hall, P'boro - Fitzwilliam PC ODE

Foxy53

Visit site
We used to do the novice course in PC at Elton Hall in the 1990's and it took no prisioners then! The ground was very undulating and looked like it had been medaeival strip farmed. However, the jumps were solid and rider-scarers and it was'nt a course I would use to introduce a horse to cross country. It was an affiliated course at that time but standards and expectations have changed, and the courses we used to jump we wouldn't dream of running a horse on now (see old photos of Bads and Burs).

These threads are ideal for finding the competitions and courses you are looking for; perhaps this could be expanded to its own forum catagory?

meardsall_millie

Visit site
SW - for all the PC events mentioned just go to the main PC website www.pcuk.org then go to Branch Website and type in the appropriate PC name. The schedules are sometimes obvious, on others you just need to go to their calendar and select the date range, if the schedule is ready it will come up on there.

If all that fails, let me know on fb and I'll arrange to send them over to you :)

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
SW - for all the PC events mentioned just go to the main PC website www.pcuk.org then go to Branch Website and type in the appropriate PC name. The schedules are sometimes obvious, on others you just need to go to their calendar and select the date range, if the schedule is ready it will come up on there.

If all that fails, let me know on fb and I'll arrange to send them over to you :)

Perfick, thanks m_m, very kind, i've got the Burghley one and the Cottesmore, looks like Fernie not up yet?! Burghley is the same week i get back from camp, so knowing my Irish 'orse he may well be tired...bless! Might leave it the week after for Cottesmore...its on my birthday, wonder if this means he'll be kind to me :p

PickledOnions

Visit site
The Rolleston that they are talking about is the Leicester one, and it is a very lovely course, I did the area qualifiers there last year and it is lovely, very much looking forward to area this year!

LBertie Wooster

Visit site
I've put my entry in for the Burghley PC ODE in July. Very exciting! I'm doing the Novice/90cm.

Sorry to hijack, I'm just excited. What's it like as a course? It'll be our first 90cm, as we're planning our BE90 debut 2 weeks later.

The Nov at Burghley is lovely! one of the stronger PC courses I would say as not really a first 90 on inexperienced horse!! They always have a roll top, downslope into woods up slope, step up, couple of strides then a rail... they have a 'L' for it aswell but it rides lovely!:) It does a loop round the SJ arena which can excite the ponys going SJ at the time :p It is generally a lovely flowing inviting course! Always worth a visit and Burghley are always welcoming! :D

QassiaDeTouzaine

Visit site
If the ground is hard I definitely wouldnt recommend this event... I had to withdraw from it last year because of the ground conditions, very bumpy and not very easy going at all when the ground is in poor condition anyway

hannahandteddy

Visit site
Most of the schedules are on the Barlow pony club website as our eventing lady is fab at keepings schedules up to date for us :). Burghley is a lovely event and is always well run. I'm doing the event at fliteris and it was also a fab event last time I went hence going back. Also the event at rolleston the week after is a nice x-country but the show jumping caused lots of problems last year, not sure why. I just had an unlucky pole but hey ho. Enter early for that one though as it fills up quickly due to it being the area qualifier!

Not sure about any of the others mentioned! Hope that is of any use :).

wench

Visit site
You probably gathered by now it was due to the ground Burton cancelled.

My 16.3 NH type tb that whipped in over Atherstone country went round the 2ft6 course at Burton a couple of years ago fine....