Pictures Emaciated Horse!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
This is really a post for support. In the field opposite my house, the beautiful Arab Inshallah has arrived. I knew about the emaciation many months ago, but got no help, and then Inshallah disappeared...I thought been pts. But now back worse than ever ?

I'm trying my best, I'm a former RSPCA inspector, but I live in France and am getting no where. I'm finding it very hard to cope with this. Old age, teeth, worms, no feed or hay, I'm sure it's all in the mix. Some bloody people dont deserve animals ?

Please believe me, I am contacting everyone I can. There is no Inspecting charity like the RSPCA here. I've even contacted the Brigitte Bardot foundation ?

Attachments

• received_391075185957000.jpeg
    received_391075185957000.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 482
  • received_911395159731817.jpeg
    received_911395159731817.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Playing Devils Advocate, is it possible that the Horse has a health issue that's being treated..??
If definitely neglect, is there a welfare body in France that you are able to contact..?? Or maybe even try to have a chat with the person you see checking the water..?? Xx

PurBee

Visit site
The emaciation level is obvious, is it due to lack of care or age/illness?
You’ve witnessed this horse like this months ago and its returned in worse condition so whatever the cause , its condition is deteriorating.
As members of the public we can be a voice for obviously concerning cases of animal health, as the horse cant ask for help. If the owner is not approachable, i personally would contact local equine rescue charities.
The ones based in ireland are used to so many horses turned out onto rough lands and uncared-for, but as most of them are then free to roam wild they manage to find something to eat, and will only step-in if the condition is concerning, like the condition of this poor horse opposite you.

Perhaps if you post your region, others will know of charities to contact who you may not have heard of?

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
The emaciation level is obvious, is it due to lack of care or age/illness?
You’ve witnessed this horse like this months ago and its returned in worse condition so whatever the cause , its condition is deteriorating.
As members of the public we can be a voice for obviously concerning cases of animal health, as the horse cant ask for help. If the owner is not approachable, i personally would contact local equine rescue charities.
The ones based in ireland are used to so many horses turned out onto rough lands and uncared-for, but as most of them are then free to roam wild they manage to find something to eat, and will only step-in if the condition is concerning, like the condition of this poor horse opposite you.

Perhaps if you post your region, others will know of charities to contact who you may not have heard of?
I'm in central france

DizzyDoughnut

Visit site
Oh that's so sad, that poor horse. Would your vet have any idea who could help in this situation? My dad and his partner live in central ish France and she had horses/donkeys years ago I'll ask her at the weekend if she knows of anywhere that could help.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
This is really a post for support. In the field opposite my house, the beautiful Arab Inshallah has arrived. I knew about the emaciation many months ago, but got no help, and then Inshallah disappeared...I thought been pts. But now back worse than ever ?

I'm trying my best, I'm a former RSPCA inspector, but I live in France and am getting no where. I'm finding it very hard to cope with this. Old age, teeth, worms, no feed or hay, I'm sure it's all in the mix. Some bloody people dont deserve animals ?

Please believe me, I am contacting everyone I can. There is no Inspecting charity like the RSPCA here. I've even contacted the Brigitte Bardot foundation ?
would world horse welfare have any tips, after all they are WORLD HORSE WELFARE. Such a pretty mare lovely face. I would be tempted to take her bring her back to UK, but I know I cannot.

Dynamo

Visit site
Please contact Laurence Perceval (aka Laurence of Arabians) who owns a large stud of desert-bred Arabs in central France. If you google her you will get her FB and Linkedin pages. You will also find her telephone number and email if you google les Deux Abesses en Vert + her name as she has gites at the stud. She speaks perfect English, knows the welfare system inside and out and may be able to help, or at least put you in touch with the right authorities.

MagicMelon

Visit site
i`d be out there in the night feeding that, and throw in a a bale of hay, i`ve done that so many times now i am oblivious to what anyone thinks, so don`t bother moaning at me thanks

could not look at that everyday and not help

Same here, Id be doing same. And if I had the money and land available then Id be asking the owner to sign the horse over to me!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Playing Devils Advocate, is it possible that the Horse has a health issue that's being treated..??
If definitely neglect, is there a welfare body in France that you are able to contact..?? Or maybe even try to have a chat with the person you see checking the water..?? Xx
I wondered the same, the fact the other horse looks good made me think it may not be neglect.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
That horse is very thin too thin and from what I gather has looked that way for a while, op said she disappeared one day and thought she had died or pts and has now returned looking worse I presume.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Also some horses require a lot more food than some others and I think she is old so maybe is struggling with not getting the right food or enough of it.

I have Arab's they live on thin air now but one of mine when he was young just wouldn't put weight on and he got as much as he would eat which was quite a lot of food.

Equi

Visit site
Further to the condition I assume they are left with the halters on and all that stuff to get it tangled on while they try to pinch grass ?

I hope you can get some help for them.

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
If others in the field are in good condition then I would not be feeding anything to the horse. The chances are the owner is fully aware of its condition and especially if this horse was the only one to disappear then it could easily be under a vet and getting treatment.

I would be furious if I was monitoring what my horse ate and some well intentioned person was feeding it behind my back.

Bellaboo18

Visit site
Terribly sad photos and I can imagine how hard that must be to see.
I'd say just because the other two look like they've got bellies (wormy bellies?), i wouldn't say they look in good condition. We all know some horses can live off close to nothing and some can't. If you put three different horses on a patch of grass they wont all be the same weight. Rhe grey clearly needs some help. Good luck OP, no help but do keep us updated x

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I've emailed the Mairie (mayor), including the photos. He is supposed to be the first point of contact re animal welfare. My next stop is the gendarmes (police), but they are not any good either ? .

So I will follow up these suggestions and try to get Inshallah help. I've said many times to hubs I would buy, to rehabilitate or PTS, but we don't have the land. My 31 year old shettie came from this owner, still being used in her now defunct riding school at 27! He had severe worms, inc bots, chronic eye infections, canker, knee arthritis (think rearing rather than bending the knee), and Turkish slipper feet ? Believe me, if I could get this owner sorted, I would in a heartbeat.

I'm fighting, but heartbroken too. Inshallah deserves so much better. Six months ago was being ridden in this state !!!