Embryo breeding mare!

Michelle1109

Visit site
Hi all

Posting here as I know people who compete also have good contacts at breeding yards :)

I wondered if there was any one on here who could give me some ideas of breeders who take a mare for her embryos
She had a super breeding line
I’d like to retire her due to a small injury ... nothing major and she could still be ridden but I’d like to give her a new job
I am based in dubai but can send her any where
Only top rated places would be considered

Thanks for any advise

Forgot to add she is a Holsteiner, with jumping lines but does super dressage

Leo Walker

Visit site
You want her to carry other mares embryos or you want other mares to carry her embryos? The former is sometimes an option, the latter isnt going to happen unless you pay for it yourself. In which case, could she not carry the foal herself?

Michelle1109

Visit site
You want her to carry other mares embryos or you want other mares to carry her embryos? The former is sometimes an option, the latter isnt going to happen unless you pay for it yourself. In which case, could she not carry the foal herself?

No she would only donate her embryos, she could not be put in foal
She has good line, hence why I thought of a better job for her at a proper facility giving up embryos

She’s not quite ready to be a field ornament so I may as well try and find her a new job!

With her line I am sure a facility would make use of her embryos
Hence asking for recommendations of facility’s

TheMule

Visit site
To be an embryo donor mare she needs to be/ have been at the top of her sport in addition to being closely related to other top level performers on the dam's side. You would then sell her as she herself would have a significant amount of value.
No-one takes embryos from anything but top mares, or their own mares that have that sentimental value.

be positive

Visit site
No she would only donate her embryos, she could not be put in foal
She has good line, hence why I thought of a better job for her at a proper facility giving up embryos

She’s not quite ready to be a field ornament so I may as well try and find her a new job!

With her line I am sure a facility would make use of her embryos
Hence asking for recommendations of facility’s

I have just answered the thread in breeding, most of which is now irrelevant having seen this response, she is unlikely to be desirable as a donor unless she has competed at a high level, I thought you wanted her to be a recipient mare which may be an option if she fits the criteria.

be positive

Visit site
To donate an embryo - she needs to be in foal......

That's true, she would have to go through the fairly intensive process to get in foal, have several successful embryos to harvest and be desirable for someone as a breeding prospect in the first place, it is extremely expensive with your own good mare so not many people would do it with one they have no interest in, it would be cheaper to buy a well bred mare and breed in the normal way to get started as a stud.