Encouraging Drinking

[139672]

Visit site
You can add some goats milk to their water but I’d advise not the whole bowl of water as my dog loves it and he’d drink a whole bowls worth if he could. My dog drinks more since I raised his bowl off the ground a bit as he’d had a bad back. I keep them raised now just in case.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
You can add some goats milk to their water but I’d advise not the whole bowl of water as my dog loves it and he’d drink a whole bowls worth if he could. My dog drinks more since I raised his bowl off the ground a bit as he’d had a bad back. I keep them raised now just in case.

This was one of my thoughts, ref the goats milk certainly. And water with the kibble too.

[139672]

Visit site
Do dogs like water fountains? We were recommended this for our cat, who has kidney disease. No idea if the same applies for dogs!
Not sure but my dog loves the water from our water butt. He mainly has wet food but I do add a small amount of water. I know of some people who add boiled water to kibble, leave it to cool, mix and feed. The smell wasn’t very nice but the dogs seemed to love it ?

paisley

Visit site
Chuck some chicken wings/thighs in a slow cooker and cover with as much water as you can. After an overnight cook, strain and save the water. Mine loves it, and I use it for days when he has a gippy tum.

Annette4

Visit site
Fizz is a nightmare, even worse when we are away or at flyball training/comps. The only way I can get her to drink away from home is diluted goats milk or Furr Boost and I add water to her meals to help keep her hydrated.