Encouraging horse to stand nicely on trailer

applecart14

Visit site
I agree with the poster who said you should both put each other on user ignore, it would save a lot of heartache.
Done. I have sent a PM to PS apologising for what I said and asking if we can agree to disagree and have had a really nasty and spiteful reply having been called a thick idiot and a moron. :D So despite this being my second time of trying to make amends and despite inviting PS to come and see my horse when I was jumping him a few months ago so she could see for herself that the horse was sound I was rebuffed on that ocassion too.

At least I have been the bigger person.

Last edited:

JFTDWS

Visit site
Wow and you criticise me for the way I look after my horse????
Years ago someone I know hobbled her horse but forgot to take them off when she led it down the ramp. Hit its head on the roof and nearly KO'd itself.

There's a simple solution to that...

I also like having a sound horse to ride which is why I have spent my life and thousands of pounds obtaining that goal :D

Ironic, that. I fear your horse might thank you for a bullet, actually.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Not sure who feeds you your info, but your informer is not very good at their job.

Well I guess I could just have him shot like you did with your horse but I am prepared to put in a bit more of an effort with mine.

You feed all of HHO the info with incessant posts about lame horses, then they are sound again and out competing, then lame again. The two things are not related though, clearly!

How dare you. You absolute b1t(h. That is vile, a cheap score way below the belt. I don't know PS from Adam, or you, but dear god you are indescrible.

My sentiments exactly! That is a truly disgusting thing to say to anyone, no matter what imaginary crimes they have committed against you.

Indeed!

Auslander

Visit site

I wasn't going to bother responding to any more of your posts, but really - what sort of response do you expect when you say something as vile as "Well I guess I could just have him shot like you did with your horse but I am prepared to put in a bit more of an effort with mine".

Realising you've overstepped the mark and PM'ing to apologise, then coming back here whinging about the response you got doesn't make you the bigger person. Whatever her reponse was, you should accept that you thoroughly deserved it for what you said to PS. I know there is history between you, but that was a completely unwarranted nasty, spiteful comment. Put yourself in her shoes - and think about how you would feel, after going through what she went through with Pea, if someone said that to you.

zizz

Visit site
If you really wanted to be the bigger person you should have posted an apology on this thread and removed the offending comment...

nikkimariet

Visit site

Realising you've overstepped the mark and PM'ing to apologise, then coming back here whinging about the response you got doesn't make you the bigger person.

Yep...

Oh and by the way 'oxymoron' doesn't mean the same as 'moron'. Just so you know!

Last edited:

WelshD

Visit site
Well I guess I could just have him shot like you did with your horse but I am prepared to put in a bit more of an effort with mine.

I'm reeling.

OP - I don't think there is a magic solution to what you are experiencing, travelling is one thing and a bad traveler needs more urgent dealing with for the safety of all but standing on the box I think is time and patience, increasing the amount of time the pony is stood bit by bit.

A licket holder has a clip on the top so the hanging rope stays in situ and the holder is simply clipped to it so yes in theory it could help but two things to consider are: the sugary treat may hype up the pony and also they tend to make a mess of themselves eating these things, everything in a ten foot radius gets sticky!

applecart14

Visit site
There's a simple solution to that...

PMSL at this comment, rolling around the floor laughing, my colleague at work thinks this is really funny having seen the footage I took last week of my horse trotting in the menage.

I think your horse might thank you for a bullet having been made to wear all that purple myself :D

That is such a funny thing to say from someone that has never seen my horse. Funny how people can say things like that to me, but I can't say anything to the 'Princess' as its considered bitchy. Ha ha talk about hypocritical. I never resorted to calling the 'Princess' anything, but she can't seem to string a sentence together without hurling insults at me, talk about bitter and spiteful. Very sad really that there are people like this who hate so much. :):):):):)

Last edited:

applecart14

Visit site
I'll just wait until you post another thread about your poor horse being broken again...

No I have decided against being honest now, and will just hide away any problems my horse has like everyone else does who pretends their horses have never had injuries :)

The whole point of the forum (or so I thought) is to help each other out, not lambast someone for speaking out about their horses problems in an effort to help others who are going through the same.

Yes I shouldn't have said what I said to the Princess, and I did have the decency to apologise by PM but in return got a very abusive reply which to be quite frank shocked me to the core, that someone can be so bitter and nasty towards someone else. Which rather makes me feel all this is personal. I do know Fran but I cannot think for the life of me ever exchanging words off the forum with her, I wouldn't even recognise her if I bumped into her on the street.

My comment about her horse came from months of being criticised, ridiculed and told my horse should be pts, retired, should get rid of my vet, that what I am doing is almost tountamount to abuse, being called names, told I am an useless, cruel and nasty person who has no diregard for her horse. So what I said to her wasn't half of what she said to me. She isn't quite as white as she makes out.

I think you would have said something yourself at that point, so please don't come across as so judgemental.

Last edited:

FfionWinnie

Visit site
You really don't know when to put a sock in it do you Applecart?

I actually thought you had had the good grace to step away from the forum and calm down but apparently it's just something you do when you are being paid to work...

applecart14

Visit site

I actually thought you had had the good grace to step away from the forum and calm down but apparently it's just something you do when you are being paid to work...

Actually I am on my break at the moment, but thanks for your concern, thats really kind of you. And JFTD has made a comment which is rather unecessary so I have just answered it if thats okay with you? I am entitled to do that aren't I?

To be honest I don't really give a damn what any of you think about me or my horse, and why you think I do is beyond me. :) :)

Last edited:

zizz

Visit site
To be honest I don't really give a damn what any of you think about me or my horse, and why you think I do is beyond me. :) :)

Erm maybe because you keep posting about him?

For the record PS and I have had disagreements before, but I have never experienced and antagonism or name calling from her. Maybe you should report her if you have proof of bullying? I do think that you are coming across really badly on this thread, and you might want to move this discussion elsewhere, poor OP!!

Michen

Visit site
I don't know anything about why the horse was shot but if someone said this to me about Torres I would be beyond devastated, whether I thought there was truth in it or not :-(

Treating him like a machine????? When he was sound schooling for 25 minutes a day two or three days per week, hacking twice a week, jumping two classes of 12 jumping efforts at 2ft 6 once a week. Gosh yes, I can see what you mean, he was practically on his knees with work overload, poor soul. You are grossly missinformed or wholly ignorant of what me and my horse have done over the years. Not sure who feeds you your info, but your informer is not very good at their job.

Well I guess I could just have him shot like you did with your horse but I am prepared to put in a bit more of an effort with mine. And I have always treated my horse fairly to start off with, and I don't know why you should say that I haven't. As far as I am concerned I have always looked after him to the best of my ability and anyone that says I haven't doesn't know me or my horse very well at all. That's all I'm going to say on the PS I am not prepared to get into another boring long winded debate with you, so please retract your claws or take your resentment out on a mouse. :)

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I have to say that each side is being as horrible as each other on this thread. Calling someone a b!tch for bringing up the death of a horse and following with how their horse should be grateful to be shot is just as bad IMHO. It seems that BOTH sides seem to justify being mean to each other by 'she said something mean first'. Well to an outsider BOTH sides are being cruel to each other.

and often it seems that you all go out of each others way to comment on each others threads when you know it will cause strife!

Now I feel that this argument should be left and not to comment on each other. Now before I get lambasted for this I am NOT SUPPORTING EITHER SIDE this is just my opinion as I see it!

applecart14

Visit site
Now I feel that this argument should be left and not to comment on each other. Now before I get lambasted for this I am NOT SUPPORTING EITHER SIDE this is just my opinion as I see it!

I am more than happy to leave it. I have apologised to the Princess like I said.

I hope you get your answer OP, I did comment somewhere back on page one. I really think leaving a small portable radio on in the trailer will soothe your horse and relax him, it has the same affect as a stable mirror, mimicing company and it helped towards loading my horse, who like I said was a demo horse at a Monty Roberts demo. I also increased the ventilaiton as mine is an old Rice Richardson trailer and only has one vent and I took off his travel boots on the advice of a horse whisperer.

He's been fine to load since and we have done many competitions, he is always great to load and will jump on to come home, he was always fine to travel, never any problem. I've never left him on a trailer for long, prefering to tie him to the back where I feel its safer but he would stand still with a net in the trailer without a problem. A horse belonging to my friend gots its leg stuck over the breast bar in my trailer and seeing how easy it was for that to happen it put me off leaving my own in the trailer for more than a few minutes at a time.

Last edited:

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
Radio playing on a chat show or tuned into a classical radio station.
I always leave mine tied to the back of the trailer and find when he gets bored he enjoys peeling away the paintwork off the mudguard with his hoof although I carefully monitor him and he is always well within view of me. A nice haynet usually does the trick.

Most of the show centres near to us don't allow tying up to trailers if you are away from the trailer and won't allow haynets outside of trailers or lorries at any time.

JFTDWS

Visit site

Ha.

I have to say, I'm not actually proud of what I said to AC - the other day, or this morning. It was unkind and unnecessary, and for that I apologise. I'm not going to say I don't have massive reservations about what I see posted on here by AC about how she treats her horse, but it wasn't particularly mature of me to want to give her a "taste of her own medicine" so to speak.

applecart14

Visit site
Ha.

I have to say, I'm not actually proud of what I said to AC - the other day, or this morning. It was unkind and unnecessary, and for that I apologise. I'm not going to say I don't have massive reservations about what I see posted on here by AC about how she treats her horse, but it wasn't particularly mature of me to want to give her a "taste of her own medicine" so to speak.

Thankyou for your aplogy but you may as well not have bothered as what you said in the third sentence completely wiped out what you said in the second.

I wish you would stop saying 'how she treats her horse'. Its slightly slanderous and not at all fair, not an accurate reflection at all. My horse has the best of everything that I can afford, I have put myself in debt so that he can have good veterinary and physio care, and make sure he gets all taht he needs. I have worked extensively over a number of years with my vet, farrier, physio and EDT to ensure that he has the best health treatement possible, he is on an array of supplements that would rival any horse feed shop and he is loved and cared for to the very best of my ability. I never ill treat him, always treat him kindly and to say what you say is so unecessary. You have only got to look at the videos on Youtube from Oct/Nove before his current injury to see how well he was looking and how well he was moving prior to his recent injury:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSJdyQQtWrg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV0YvouNeA0

If you think that is an illtreated horse then I am sorry but you are very mistaken and if you think he was 'in pain' then he was most definetely not, the video is testament to the fact he is swinging through his tail, ears forward and moving without hindrance in a forward rhythym.

I love my horse to bits and you saying what you say paints a really nasty picture of someone who abuses her horse and nothing could be further from the truth.

Last edited:

applecart14

Visit site
Most of the show centres near to us don't allow tying up to trailers if you are away from the trailer and won't allow haynets outside of trailers or lorries at any time.

Hi DCL Like I have said I am always in full view of the horse and have been doing this with all my horses since around 1998 without incident. The only time he has ever done anything was when he started on my mudguard and scraped it with his toe after his haynet ran out one day at a show and I stopped him immediately from doing so as obviously I did not want him to injure himself or wreck my mudguard. :)

Unfortunately I do not have a big lorry that I can store my horse away in, until its time to come out for his class and he is happy dozing with the sun on his back falling asleep whilst eating his net.

Last edited:

JFTDWS

Visit site
AC, I've seen those videos before, and I'm afraid they don't allay my concerns at all. I'm sorry you can't see it.

As for "slander", I needed a laugh - thanks!