Encouraging video for those of us with nutty horses...

cobmum

Visit site
wow she is one hell of a rider and good on her for seeing it through. I wonder if the horse acted like that out of pain or just naughtiness?

horseytea

Visit site
I don't know why, but this just made me cry! My horse isn't quite that, but certainly a challenge. Everyone told me to take her back...I'm glad I didn't! Love this story.

leflynn

Visit site
Thats perserverance! All I could think why isn't she wearing a BP when he's dangerous :eek: (started wearing one again recently after a few near miss decks dunkings)

Good on her for not giving up :D

Spudlet

Visit site
wow she is one hell of a rider and good on her for seeing it through. I wonder if the horse acted like that out of pain or just naughtiness?

I'd be interested to know that as well - interesting that on the video it says that a 6 week break was the turning point. Wonder if that was to do with both horse and rider getting a mental break from the constant battling with each other, the fact that they did in-hand stuff and maybe built a closer bond on the ground, or maybe some niggly pain issue settled down during that time off...?

Good on her for sticking with it :)

CharleyB

New User
Visit site
I have been snooping on here for a little while and been a bit afraid to post! So hope this doesn't sound too weird :) But I have been following Jazz on youtube since her horse Cicero died, Casper was brought after Cicero and she has now had Casper for 3 years! There is another video here for the three years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC12...xt=C3986a9bUDOEgsToPDskKTqbcMqrYiPGOxHXx3q7Aa
She truly is an inspirational rider to me and a lot of other people!

Last edited:

Spudlet

Visit site
Wouldn't it be fascinating to know what's going on in that horse's head? What is he saying; ' I'm bored, I don't want to, I'm scared, I'm not feeling confident, this hurt once and it might hurt again'? Or none of the above? Just so interesting! And so great to see a good outcome too:)

sjp1

Visit site
I think she is amazing. Time after time she kept on getting on after he had had her off. Am so pleased he came right for her in the end. I suspect when he had chipped a bone she spent a lot of time with him doing groundwork and something just clicked for them.

Brilliant!

Shantara

Visit site
I have been snooping on here for a little while and been a bit afraid to post! So hope this doesn't sound too weird :) But I have been following Jazz on youtube since her horse Cicero died, Casper was brought after Cicero and she has now had Casper for 3 years! There is another video here for the three years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC12...xt=C3986a9bUDOEgsToPDskKTqbcMqrYiPGOxHXx3q7Aa
She truly is an inspirational rider to me and a lot of other people!

Didn't realise it was the same girl! I was heart broken when I heard her story of poor Cicero, so I drew her a little picture of him. (Even though I hadn't known her or the horse previously, it had just touched me.)

I hope with a little more time and less people riding him, I can have a break through like that with Ned!

sandi_84

Visit site
Wow that was a seriously glued on rider! Well done Jazz for doing what everyone told you was impossible! Looks like you have a wonderfull bond together now and your boy looks so much happier and more relaxed :D

wildflower

Visit site
What a super talented rider and horse, super jump:eek:....its lovely that horses like this find owners that will stick with it, very brave , and very intelligent hossie:D off to watch the other vids now

Myhorseeatsmoney

Visit site
I strongly believe that you form a stronger bond of trust on the ground than in the saddle. Horses that I have had problems with definately improve when ridden if I spend a lot of time on the ground with them.

I am sure they are going to have some great times together, that young woman is very brave and now has a super horse, what a great video!

Orangehorse

Visit site
That was great, and I am another one a bit tearful. Right little b....ger wasn't he? Just shows what a bit of work and schooling can do! She certainly had guts, and even when he was being a prat she didn't use her stick.

Well done!

EquestriVan

Visit site
i know her, she used to come and jump my boy for me and she is a fab rider. so calm and patient.

She is doing well with her boys and is a really nice person. i will tell her come and have a look at your comments

Caol Ila

Visit site
I really admired the way she rode through his crazy shenanigans. As soft and light in her hands as one can be in those circumstances, and with a velcro butt. Really nice riding. He's a talented horse as well.