End of an era

Michen

Visit site
So sorry Aus, I know he meant the world to you. What a wonderful retirement you gave him. Lucky, lucky boy.

timbobs

Visit site
I’m not sure I ever commented on your posts about him, but I always loved reading about him. He had such character and your love for him shined through. So sorry for your loss.

AML

Visit site
I hope Alf doesn't cause too much havoc over the bridge whilst he's waiting.
Be kind to yourself and enjoy the memories.
You did him proud

eahotson

Visit site
Haven't been very active here recently, but I know the old man had a lot of fans on here.

My lovely Alf was put to sleep yesterday at the grand old age of 27. Rather than quietly succumb to old age, he decided that doing something to himself in the field was the way to go. After 48h of praying for an abscess, and having a tonne of nerve blocks/xrays/joint taps with no definitive diagnosis, and a very lame horse, even on large amounts of pain relief, I decided enough was enough, and he was put to sleep yesterday morning by his personal physician of 11 years.

I'm absolutely in pieces. He was something else, that boyView attachment 133683
I am so sorry for your loss.He was so very lucky to have you.

Unicorn

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your posts about him were always a joy to read...his personality and your love for him shone through. RIP Alf x

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
So, so sorry. He had such a huge personality. I hope you can start to come to terms with it soon Aus.

Goldenstar

Visit site
So sad to read this but he was one of luckiest ex competition horses in the country he had the best retirement .
Be kind to yourself there is such a gap when one like Alf goes .