End of an era

Annagain

Visit site
I'm so sorry Aus. He was definitely one of my favourite HHO horses. A friend lost her 30 year old in similar circumstances a few weeks ago and while the shock was terrible at the time, she was grateful he never got 'old' in a way that compromised him. I really hope you can feel the same way about Alf once the shock wears off.

Auslander

Visit site
Thanks everyone. It still hasn't really sunk in, as I've had a spate of veterinary issues with some of the others, so I've been flat out in nurse mode ever since. I have a feeling it's going to hit me when his ashes are returned. I've never had ashes back before, but a very dear friend arranged it when he was collected, so I'm going to visit all his favourite places and scatter them at some point.

Maxidoodle

Visit site
Oh my goodness, I’ve only just caught up and seen your news. I’ve always loved your posts about him, he was such an incredible character. I’m so incredibly sorry for your loss.

misst

Visit site
I missed this. I am so sorry for your loss. You obviously adored him. I hope you are feeling a little better. RIP Alf x

Velcrobum

Visit site
I do not know how I missed this but so very very sorry to hear Alf had to be PTS. It is always so very very tough when one loses a horse one has owned for 20 years plus.
Thinking of you Auslander😢