Endurance people help needed.

Goldenstar

Visit site
OHHH stuff excellent but I think he will have to make do with his hunting stuff at first.
If his tack does him for four hours plus out hunting it should be ok to start us off.

wench

Visit site
Few things I would point out after I did one...

My horse was fine in most traffic but was not used to main roads and lots of large goods vehicles. The PR I did went straight out onto a main road, with no marshals or safety precautions in place. Had I have known this I would not have taken my horse. As it was my luck was in and there were no lorries on my trip down the main road.

Get a proper map case. I used my hiking one, and the strap kept on getting tangled up, and make sure you dont have Velcro at the bottom as your map will fall out

Oberon

Visit site
Get a proper map case. I used my hiking one, and the strap kept on getting tangled up, and make sure you dont have Velcro at the bottom as your map will fall out

I second this.

Nearly hung myself on the cheapo eBay map case I had on my first ride :eek:.

hackedoff

Visit site
I used to love it . Was the only thing my old boy was good at, we stopped after I lost my nerve hacking after being hit by a truck. Many years later and in a different area and pony and despite buying her for showing and dressage I have my first ride planned for April...

Goldenstar

Visit site
I used to love it . Was the only thing my old boy was good at, we stopped after I lost my nerve hacking after being hit by a truck. Many years later and in a different area and pony and despite buying her for showing and dressage I have my first ride planned for April...

Good for you have fun.

Orchardbeck

Visit site
You will love it! The scenery is often amazing - my mare got so taken in by the view looking down over Ullswater on one ride, she stopped dead to look at it - from a fairly fast almost gallop! Nearly out the side door. She loved it, particularly when we paired up with 32yo Tom, her older gelding alter ego! Always wanted to hunt on her and this was our compromise.

Orchardbeck

Visit site
By the way, totally recommend that book that Oberon gave the link to. If I weren't pregnant I'd be giving it a go again this season.