Endurance people - Phoenix Ride 28th August

monkeybum13

Visit site
Anyone entered for the Phoenix Ride next weekend or anyone been there before?

My mum noticed that they are taking late entries and I am very tempted to enter, just wondering if anyone on here has any useful information on it?

Can you tell I have been bitten my the endurance bug?! ;)

Thanks in advance!

pip6

Visit site
It is one of the most infectious things you can catch!

Phoenix is a fantastic ride. Relatively new (this will be its 3rd or 4th year), had excellent reports. The views are second to none (as long as good weather), tough but fair course. You will need to motor on in the best going to get a good time, as there will be areas where slow & steady needs to be done (is over the moor after all). This ride is locally very popular, & word is starting to spread that it's worth travelling to.

My advice would be go do it. If you can have a crew it would be a good bonus but not a necessity. Take clothes (for you & mount) for all weathers, no matter how nice it looks at home. Up high it can get very windy. Give the secretary a ring, ride details:

http://www.endurancegb.co.uk/html/ScheduleDetails.asp?Ride_Year=2011&Ride_Auto_Id=787

Go there, talk to people, ask the secretary about your local group. Then you can find out about other events on local to you as well such as training rides (not posted on the affiliated rides schedule) & events to increase your knowledge.

If you want any further info, pm me & I'll pass on my phone number. Myself, Sam or Esther will always be happy to help anyone wanting to get started into endurance.