Energy Feed

Visit site
Hi
I have a 7 year old Irish Sports Horse Mare I have owned her for just over a year and she's a very confident stroppy mare.

However she is really lazy and I have coped with it all year and over the last couple of months I have got sick of her laziness!! However when SHE wants to be she can be a little energetic (but this is rare)

I want to put her on a food that gives her energy, not a little bit of energy, a reasonable amount of energy so I have something to work with it!!

Any suggestions of foods I can give her that will give her energy??

LeannePip

Visit site
Are you feeding her ad-lib quality forage already? If you are on hay could you try haylege?

I have tried equilibrium Winery high before, which was good but lazy/stroppy could point towards ulcers?

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
Competition mix, half a mugful in her breakfast only on the days she is going to be ridden, ride from the stable. As posted above ensure she has enough forage for basic energy and is fit enough for the work you're doing.

Toffee44

Visit site
I have same issue. Just bought a bag of Simple Systems of Red Grass Nuts. Its basically dehydrated spring grass. Just going to feed with chaff and a vit and min supplement 1st and see if we need more.

Just think its the simplest way to get some energy in without piling up the cereals.

Hoping it will be enough to pick her up. Ab lib hay but grazing poor. When she was on good grass her energy was fine but equally she is a good doer so always watching waist line.

Last time she was on alfa a oil, oats, lo cal and pink powder just trying to avoid all of that if possible.

nfpony

Visit site
My lazy pony gets a small amount of Allen and Page Power and Performance which seems to give him just enough extra energy without him getting silly. I also put some oil in his feeds which is a source of slow release energy but also makes his coat nice.