English Bridles - recommendations

dollymix

Visit site
Having recieved money from my parents for Christmas I would like to get Luna a new bridle. Ideally I dont want to spend over £100 and it will be an everyday bridle.

In the past I have bought a leather girth and stirrup leathers from english bridles and have been very impressed with them so I wondered if anyone has an English Bridle bridle?

I quite like the look of the below but with billets instead of clips...
http://www.englishbridles.co.uk/shop/product.asp?strParents=91&CAT_ID=92&P_ID=551

I would also like the option to use a drop noseband - do you think it would work with this bridle as I notice the noseband sits over the headpiece....

Any tips, opinions and genuine feedback would be great!

Thanks

9tails

Visit site
I have an English Bridles bridle, not the one in the photo but a plain hunter bridle with billets. I like it very much, though the full noseband was too big. English Bridles swapped it with no fuss whatsoever so I recommend them. The reins are lovely, half rubber and not at all bulky. Their prices have gone up a bit recently though are still excellent value.

cloppy

Visit site
All my youngsters have EB headcollars they are excellent quality and value. One of my yearlings broke the clip on the headcollar (he trod on the lead rope and threw his head up ) after having it around 9 months and I enquired if they would repair it. They said bring it to HOYs which I did and they exchanged it for a brand new one. no quibbles at all. Lovely people and I wont hesitate to buy their bridles once my babies are ready for them.

dollymix

Visit site
All sounds positive! Thanks for your feedback!

Must say, I've been impressed by the quality of their leatherwork with my stirrup leathers and girth. I have sent them an email re a drop noseband as an alternative to the standard flash or cavesson (recently changed her to a drop on recommendation of instructor and really like how she is going). Hopefully they will be able to adapt for me and I'll be able to get an EB bridle!

Thanks again for your experiences!

LisaS

Visit site
Between my husband and I we have 3 or 4 of their bridles as well as stirrup leathers. They are fantastic quality and last really well. I recently changed to a hanging cheek snaffle so needed to get new shorter check pieces but wasn't sure how much shorter I needed.

So I spoke to them and she offered to only charge me for one set but would send 2 sizes and I could return the not needed size at HOYS. 3 different sizes actually arrived, one was perfect and I dropped the other 2 back to them at HOYS.

To me that just sums up their fantastic attitude to customer service as well as having great quality products. Make sure that you measure (think they have instructions on the website) as you may need to mix and match sizes which is not as problem.